The position exists to develop the process for assembling Lithium-Ion cells. This includes laser welding, winding, swaging, and overseeing the assembly of cells. Will act as bridge between development and production working to ensure the developed process is repeatable, reproduceable and robust for operations team. Will perform PS updates and modification, machine setup, create preventive maintenance recommendations, trouble shooting, and manufacturing support.
You will support production and development activities by:
- Working with the production team to meet customer delivery schedules
- Assist with scaling up from trial to production levels
- Optimization of individual unit operations with designs of experiments and other techniques.
- Assists with the installation, development, and modification of production laser equipment in conjunction with pilot scale processes. This may include working with equipment engineers in RFQs, FAT/SAT, and validation trials.
- Working with team of Cell Design Engineers on new designs, evaluating tooling needs and improvement opportunities, and process development.
- Work with new suppliers and manufacturers to introduce new techniques and state of the art equipment and processes.
- Track and complete program tasks for development & manufacturing of cells to be shipped to international customers.
- Hands on observations of in process quality and impact on downstream operations.
- Incorporating feedback from our highly skilled assembly technicians.
Key responsibilities include -- but are not limited to:
- Support project activities for our Aerospace, Defense and Racing customers.
- Work with the Production team and Program Managers for production needs in a fast-paced environment.
- Act as liaison and subject matter expert in cooperation with counterparts in other Saft research and manufacturing sites throughout the world.
- Utilizing skills set for: scrap reduction, technical writing, problem solving, new product introduction, continuous improvement and quality assurance.
- Prepare work instruction and work with operators and technicians in the preparation of development products.
- With work industrialization and production process team for the implementation of new products into production.
- Act as the technical liaison for new electrode development programs funded by other sites in Saft.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Material Science Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related Discipline.
- We prefer candidates with at least three to five years of work experience in a related field.
- Background utilizing Six Sigma Methodologies (root cause analysis/problem solving).
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Should have highly competent organizational skills.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Ideal candidates will be self-starting, goal-oriented and project driven.
- Experience with welding, CNC equipment and assembly processes.
- Knowledge of Metallurgy and Laser Welding of Copper and Aluminum materials.
- Continued process improvement (yield / revenue enhancement).
- Strong mechanical aptitude and understanding of equipment functions.
- Machine controls comprehension.
- PPE safety
- Use of inspection and measurement equipment
- Understanding of mechanical & electrical drawings.
- Background in Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement
- Technical writing (such as work instructions).
- Competent proficiency of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of configuration management.