Construction Equipment Test Engineer, Kubota North America
The Test Engineer will be accountable for testing and validating the new products as well as supporting the continuous improvement of the Compact Track Loader and Skid Steer Loader products for North America. The position will work with and support the CE Test & Validation Manager, Senior Test Engineer and the Test & Validation Lead. The role will be very hands-on with no direct reports. We are starting from the ground floor to build a world class team and facility so the individual will cover a wide range of technical fields as the team grows.
This position works on-site from the Kubota North American Construction Equipment R&D office in Salina, KS and reports to the Construction Equipment Test & Validation Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assure CE products meet the safety, quality, robustness and performance customers expect for Kubota products.
- Provide input and assist with development and adherence of procedures, test methods and validation master plans.
- Assist with the development of new and creative test and validation methods with sound technical ability and leadership in order to rapidly optimize the launch of new products while maintaining safety, quality, durability and reliability.
- Ability to work in a cross-functional and cross-cultural environment
- Perform lab tests/reporting on prototype machines and components.
- Oversee lab tests to ensure they align with test request, test standards and customer requirements.
- Coordinate & oversee accurate test setup and data collection with the Test & Validation Lead and Technicians.
- Using proper engineering practices & principles; analyze/interpret test data and prepare and present technical reports that will be used by engineering and management personnel.
- Use computer software and hardware to conduct tests on construction machinery and equipment according to industry standards.
- Adhere to procedures, test methods, validation master plans and other validation and test related documentation.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Computer skills including MS Office and Google-based programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to safely troubleshoot/diagnose problems
- Moderate to strong understanding of hydraulic and electrical control systems.
- Moderate to strong knowledge of modern test equipment, methods of test, data collection & data analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail and commitment to excellence.
- Work cross functionally with various teams to gather key inputs, and be able to work well with diverse opinions and competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently; ability to prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines, communicate task status, oversee others work and seek assistance/direction when necessary.
- Travel domestically and internationally as needed
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Advanced degree in Engineering
- Experience with data acquisitions system and control system programming
- 3D modeling experience
- Strong data analysis experience & knowledge
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. This role will be primarily based in an office environment and will occasionally provide insight to employees in the manufacturing and research and development areas.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member must have the ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, ascend stairs, balance, stoop, kneel or crouch, talk and hear. In addition, the team member must occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.