CE System Engineer – Engine/Cooling Integration
We are currently seeking an experienced CE System Engineer – Engine/Cooling Integration to join the Kubota Engineering team at the Kubota North America R&D Center located in the new Great Plains Manufacturing CE facility in Salina, KS.
The Engine/Cooling Integration Engineer will have specific accountability for the definition of technical specifications and integration of engines, cooling systems and aftertreatment devices for applications in Compact Track Loader and Skid Steer Loader products for North America. The position will have the responsibility for delivering innovative, robust, high-quality, cost-competitive engine system integration to achieve project goals while collaborating and working within a cross-functional and global team environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Design engine systems integration, including chassis integration for Off-Highway Construction Equipment working in the CE new product design group.
- Develop requirements for engine power and torque curves, in conjunction with the engine development team to meet the vehicle performance criteria.
- Lead design reviews for engine and related systems during the development process to ensure designs meet requirements, are cost effective, manufacturable and meet quality targets.
- Collaborate with all vehicle systems teams to confirm proper interfaces between systems is achieved.
- Conduct and/or participate in FEA, CFD and Modal analysis of the Engine Installation, Cooling Systems, Aftertreatment Systems and any auxiliary systems.
- Utilize existing Kubota and industry standards, actively work to evolve and standardize
- Drive the commonality of technical solutions across platforms.
- Lead Design Review, DFMEA, Risk Assessment and other technical meetings.
- Develop new and innovative design concepts, inventions, patents and opportunities for product improvement.
- Generate new and creative engine system integration designs for Kubota CE products that meet governmental regulations and requirements of quality, cost and delivery outlined in the project objectives for each program.
- Remain current on construction equipment integration technological developments and evolving field practices through field contacts/visits, attending meetings and membership in technical societies.
- Collaborate with other members of the design team, test and evaluation, manufacturing, purchasing, quality control, etc. throughout the entire design process from concept generation to prototyping and production.
- Create detailed design reports, 3D models and drawings based on Kubota standards.
- Solve technical challenges related to new product design.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field of study
- Experience in defense, heavy duty or earthmoving product development is a plus
- New product development experience
- Demonstrated success working in a cross-functional and cross-cultural environment
- Computer skills including MS Office, Google-based programs and 3D modeling
- Knowledge of engine emissions standards and requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Flexibility to work in office, field test, and manufacturing environments
- Availability to travel domestically and internationally as needed
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with CATIA V5 highly desired
- Experience with Windchill highly desired
- Experience with FEA, CFD and Modal Analysis
- Experience with defining engine system component and installation designs and drawings
- Experience with design for manufacturability
- Experience with scalable modular architectures
- Cost estimation experience
- Experience in systems engineering, DOE, and optimization
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Team member uses hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms; ascend stairs; balance; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and hear. It may be necessary to travel between offices in our facilities and it could be in hot, cold, or inclement weather conditions. The team member must occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.