Coastal Pacific Food Distributors in Kapolei, Hawaii is looking for a CDL class A full-time driver to make deliveries to commissaries and exchanges on Oahu, and pick up/drop off containers at the Port of Honolulu. May require early morning, evenings and weekend work.
Our tractors are standard transmission, not automatic.
- The work week will involve any of the 7 days of a week.
- Runs will be established using both mileage and hourly rates.
- Work will consist of making deliveries to our customers, dropping and picking up containers at the port and moving containers in the yard.
- Overtime may be mandated according to business needs.
- Shift time may be adjusted in accordance with customer needs.
- Legally, safely and efficiently operate a tractor trailer with 40 to 45 foot containers and 48 foot loaded trailer.
- Conduct pre-trip and post trip inspections and properly record designated information in the proper logs.
- When operating any tractor, make sure that it is left in neat and clean condition.
- Monitor and fuel refrigerated units on refrigerated trailers when used in the delivery process.
- Correctly and accurately maintain all required DOT logs and other paperwork that may be required by the company.
- Correctly and accurately operate any on board computers that may be used in the delivery or truck operation process.
- Assist with unloading and the check-in process when making deliveries. This involves active participation in the counting process to insure accuracy and case handling if re-stacking is necessary. Case handling may require manual lifting of over 50 pounds repeatedly. Unloading will require the ability to safely operate a manual or electric pallet jack.
- Maintain courtesy and professionalism when dealing with both internal and external customers. The driver is an official representative of the company.
- When on the road or "on call", follow all reporting and checking-in procedures as required.
- The operator will be expected to perform, or assist with, any other business related duties as directed by Supervision.
- Must be able to climb up and down from the cab of a tractor and trailer.
- Must be able to open, close, and secure all types of trailer doors.
- Must be able to write legibly and perform simple math functions.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds repeatedly.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, stand, walk, and reach frequently.
- Must be able to safely and legally operate a tractor with a loaded trailer.
- Must complete the application on site thoroughly and submit a current driving record along with it.
- Must possess a current valid Class A commercial driver's license.
- Must have two years of verifiable tractor trailer driving experience.
Must have a driving record that has no convictions for reckless driving or DUI and no negative points.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements.
SCHEDULE: Thursday - Monday 6:00am to 2:30pm (may vary)