POSITION SUMMARY: Drives company vehicles to transport equipment, supplies, and/or workers to work locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Abides by all Oil States Energy Services, LLC Safety and Operational Policies and Procedures.
- Works at all times with company-issued safety equipment and reports any unsafe conditions to Operations Manager/Field Crew Supervisor.
- Regularly inspects work equipment for preventative maintenance purposes.
- Ensures that all tools, material and equipment are returned to their proper storage place at the end of shift.
- Note and report any damages to Company material and equipment in a timely manner.
- Review and recognize problems or shortages before they become critical and advise Operations Manager/Field Crew Supervisor.
- Perform occasional cleaning, repair and inventory work in the shop/warehouse as directed by the Operations Manager/Field Crew Supervisor.
- Ensure truck is loaded properly, including legal weight limits of shipment and binding load properly.
- Ensure that truck has proper and current inspections and remains in compliance with all D.O.T. requirements.
- Is knowledgeable of and complies with all DOT rules and regulations
- Transport equipment to work locations by driving company vehicles in a safe manner, observing all company and government regulations, and arriving at work locations on time.
- Participates and/or assists in pre-job safety meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to drive over state lines up to 70% of the time, depending on district location.
- Must maintain a safe driving record as required by company policy.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must have mechanical abilities.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram forms. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- 3 years of commercial driving experience preferred.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must successfully pass pre-and post-employment drug and alcohol tests per company policy.
- Ability to verbally communicate and understand details and directions.
- Must maintain D.O.T. medical card.
- Must be able to pass a DOT background check
CERTIFICATION & LICENSES
- Valid Driver’s License
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), Class A, may be required at time of hire, depending on location and duties, otherwise CDL may be required within three (3) months of employment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel. Reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk to hear.
- Must be able to frequently lift and move 49lbs or less unassisted. Anything 50lbs or more requires mechanical assistance or a team lift.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; respond well to questions.
Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively.
Teamwork: Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Judgment: Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Safety & Security: Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.