Job Location: Lancaster Foods LLC - Jessup, MD
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: High School
Salary Range: $24.00 Hourly
Travel Percentage: 100 % Travel
Job Shift: Any
Job Category: Transportation
Transport product and equipment to and from warehouses, stores and other designated locations. Reports to Transportation Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pre and post trip inspect Commercial Motor Vehicles.
- Put empty carts and pallets in trailer.
- Deliver product to destination. Travel both local and regional distances as required.
- Load/Unload product at customers using hand and/or powered pallet jacks.
- Inventory Deliveries, Pickups and Returns
- Provide and maintain quality customer service
- Maintain safe vehicle and conditions. Protect load by complying with organization policies and procedures and highway rules and regulations.
- Maintain and correctly complete paperwork, including but not limited to: Driver Manifest, Invoice, Credit memos, Cash tickets, Log Books (when necessary), DVIR’s and Penske Driver Trip Report.
- Maintain cleanliness of Lancaster property.
- Comply with Lancaster Foods LLC policies/procedures and all driver qualifications required by FMCSR.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Must demonstrate basic reading/math/comprehension skills.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to operate a commercial vehicle.
- A minimum of two years tractor-trailer – over the road driving experience on public streets/highways.
- Must possess and maintain a permanent Class “A” CDL, with Airbrake endorsement
- Must be free of violation points and serious traffic violations within the past three years.
- Must not have been disqualified for any reason within the past 10 years.
- Must pass functional assessment test and vehicle road test.
- Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to obtain a PIT Card for powered pallet jacks.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include holidays and weekends.
Must be able to, with reasonable accommodations, lift and carry up to 75 pounds, to read and understand warehouse documents; ability to work in a variety of temperatures and environments; ability to bend, twist, kneel, squat, reach and crawl; ability to withstand road shocks and bumps; ability to sit at least 4 hours consecutively while driving, stand at least 1 hour consecutively and walk at least 20 minutes consecutively; ability to shift manual transmission to comply with tractor specifications (progressive shifting), which requires the use of all four extremities; frequently lower trailer door to closed position (30 lbs-bend over); frequently raise trailer door to open position standing from ground level (30 lbs-above head); ability to frequently climb onto and off of equipment (Box Truck) utilizing proper 3-point stance; ability to operate a variety of safety equipment.
Scheduled shift out times may vary and will be addressed at the beginning of the shift or as soon as it is known. Due to the shift workload, the employee may be sent home earlier or later than scheduled. All efforts will be made by management to notify the employee as early as possible regarding the shift change. It is the responsibility of the employee to make any necessary adjustments to accommodate the shift change.
Personal Protective Equipment Required: Steel Toed Safety Shoes
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
7700 Conowingo Ave, Jessup, MD 20794