Beitzel Corporation is an industrial construction and service company with over 40 years of experience in the energy, mining, industrial construction and aggregate industries. Corporate Headquarters is located in Grantsville, MD with several offices throughout the region. Beitzel Corporation offers a positive work environment, competitive wages, travel pay, excellent health insurance including: medical, dental and vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, 401(k) with a company match, paid holidays and paid time off.
Beitzel Corporation is now accepting applications for (1) full-time CDL A Truck Driver. The CDL A Truck Driver (Driver) will deliver and retrieve equipment, products and materials as required by Field Services. Deliveries will include, but not be limited to: job sites, customers, suppliers, etc. The CDL A Truck Driver will be required to professionally represent Beitzel Corporation and perform safe driving and safe practices throughout all facets of work. The Driver will be required to operate delivery trucks ranging from light duty to those requiring a Class A Commercial Driver’s (CDL) license. The majority of the driving will be local but there may be some occasional over-the-road driving assignments.
This Truck Driver will report to the Dispatcher and will be based out of Beitzel Corporation’s Bittinger Road location in Grantsville, Maryland.
- Operate (or possess the willingness to learn to operate) various tractor trailer and straight truck vehicles including but not limited to: flat deck, lowboy Landolls, wich trailers, roll backs, etc.
- Be familiar and proficient with safety protocols
- Perform equipment and material deliveries and retrievals in an organized, professional, proficient, and safe manner
- Adhere to all DOT and company safety protocol
- Perform daily safety inspections and maintain the cleanliness of vehicles
- Promptly report all vehicle maintenance issues to repair services
- Complete all necessary documentation which could include but not be limited to: ELD's, vehicle inspection reports, job safety analysis, delivery tickets, logbooks, pick tickets, etc.
- Load, arrange, secure, tarp and unload materials for delivery and pick-up
- Monitor and ensure vehicles are loaded and secured properly and accurately
- Utilize proper lifting and rigging standards and practices as specified by company policies and procedures
- Be familiar with, and utilize, accident reporting and documentation protocol
- Perform other duties as assigned and assist in other areas of the company
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a commercial truck driver
- Must possess a valid Class A - Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) – preference will be granted to those candidates with a clean driving record
- Must possess a Hazmat Endorsement. Those without a Hazmat Endorsement must obtain one within 60 days of employment
- Proficient in the use of global positioning systems (GPS)
- Must be able to utilize maps and chart driving routes
- Experience with hauling large equipment preferred
- Basic knowledge of safe and proper materials handling
- Basic knowledge of rigging and lifting
- Must be proficient in load management and ensure that loads are balanced, secured and legal
- Must possess strong customer service skills and the ability to professionally represent Beitzel Corporation
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, as needed, to including weekends and extended hours
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Team-oriented and able to work effectively and efficiently with others
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Sit for long periods of time
- Drive during the day or at night
- Perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching and handling of materials
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds unassisted
- Must be safety and customer-focused, without exception
- Wear required safety equipment such as: Steel toe and/or metatarsal shoes, protective eye wear, hard hat, metacarpal gloves, reflective clothing, etc.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Must possess a valid and appropriate Class A CDL state driver’s license prior to employment This position requires the completion of a thorough pre-employment background check including employment and education verification, SSN eVerify, employment references, and pre-employment drug screening. In accordance with our Company Substance Abuse Policy, employees are required to participate in random, post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing