High Transit LLC is always searching for safety conscious truck drivers to join our dedicated team. We are the specialty hauler for the affiliated companies of High Industries Inc. We also partner with other hauling companies to provide specialty services for customers in the civil construction, transportation & building construction, manufacturing, and heavy equipment industries. Our transportation group has performed transportation services including oversize/overweight structural steel for bridges, finished concrete products, steel warehousing and pipe in approximately 18 states in the Northeast, Southeast, Mid-Atlantic, and Midwest areas. We are always searching for safety conscious Over-the-Road Truck Drivers to join our dedicated team.
Over-the-Road Truck Drivers are responsible for performing various duties to operate a tractor trailer to deliver company products to job sites and/or other locations, including overnight and weekend trips.
Positions start at $25.00 per hour and up based on experience.
Truck Drivers will be required to follow state and federal regulations to load, unload, and transport girders, plates, parts, concrete products etc., which could include extended heavy loads.
Our next team-member will ideally possess the following educational and work qualifications:
- A high school diploma or general equivalent (GED) required
- A valid Commercial drivers’ license (CDL A) required
- 3 or more years of experience driving with a CDL A
- Experience hauling oversized and overweight loads a plus
- The ability to qualify for a DOT physical card per federal and company regulations is required.
Working for The High Companies:
At High Transit co-workers always come first. This belief is as strong today as it was when The High Companies was founded over 80 years ago!
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision available for full-time coworkers. Vacation is offered to regular full-time coworkers and is earned annually on your anniversary date. You may carry over a portion of your hours into the next anniversary year.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match
- Tuition Assistance with 100 percent reimbursement for approved courses and degree programs which are job related and approved in advance by your supervisor.
- Employee Assistance Program provides professional, confidential assistance for any type of personal issue you or your eligible dependents are experiencing.
- High Family Foundation Scholarship is awarded annually to the children of High co-workers working at least 1,000 hours per year and employed for at least two years. Recipients are awarded $4,000 for each year they are enrolled in a two- or four-year accredited degree program.
- Good Measure Award is presented periodically to an individual or team from each of the High companies who exemplifies The High Philosophy and who has gone above and beyond normal job responsibilities to provide "Good Measure."