PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Reports to Site Manager. Performs a variety of logistical duties, which include all functions under Material Control, Property Control, Stock Control, Tool Room, Individual Material Readiness List (IMRL) Program, and Hazardous Material (HAZMAT/WASTE). Assists, as mission dictates with shipping, receiving, issuing parts and tools, stocking components and materials, ordering HAZMAT and coordinating the disposal of HAZWASTE. Inventories and completes data entry of inventoried and processed items. Prepares requisitions and monitors until receipt.
Employs knowledge of inventory and property control procedures. Must have working knowledge of aviation tools, supplies and logistic systems and the ability to acknowledge high priority items expeditiously. Monitors Aircraft Maintenance Material Readiness List Program and uses applicable or related manuals/publications. Must be knowledgeable in computer operations such as Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point and data basis such as Naval Aviation Logistics Command Management Information System (NALCOMIS), Optimized-Organizational Maintenance Activity (OOMA), Federal Logistics Data (FED LOG) and familiar with NAVSUP Publications.
Applicant must possess the ability to communicate effectively in a clear, courteous and concise manner with material vendors, manufacturers and customers.
Must have working knowledge of FAR Part 45 and 52 as it applies to their responsibilities.
Must be customer oriented.
- Expedite urgent aviation material and supply requirements.
- Create requisitions for parts and materials to meet maintenance requirements.
- Prepare, maintains, files and completes forms, records, reports, logs and other related documents in accordance with applicable technical publications and other directives as required.
- Prepare shipping documents, labels and stencils for packages.
- Receive parts; inspect containers and parts for damage and paperwork discrepancies.
- Distribute materials to appropriate work centers.
- Validate non-mission capable supply (NMCS) and partial mission capable supply (PMCS) requisitions daily and maintain current status records.
- Maintains inventory control of authorized allowances or material listed in the IMRL and authorized allowance lists and items on the temporary loan lists.
- Maintains stock records, inventory records and other applicable documents to create an audit trail.
- Maintains pre-extended bin (PEB) material in support of aircraft and aircraft component maintenance based on usage and demand.
- Performs inventories on all aircraft flight packets.
- Arranges property storage areas to facilitate issue, inventory and rotation of stocks.
- Affixes location symbols on storage areas, shelves and bins to preserve the property location system.
- Segregates property by type or class in accordance with fire and safety regulations and procedures.
- Conducts physical inventories and posts totals to inventory records.
- Prepares inventory adjustment reports and other applicable documentation as required.
- Establishes and maintains stocking levels of Government Property.
- Prepares and selects appropriate containers for use in storage or shipment of materials.
- Researches potential lateral support and coordinates material transfer.
- Determines method of shipment of all materials and waste, utilizing knowledge of regulation, shipping procedures, routes and rates.
- Complies with Electrostatic Discharge (ESD), Foreign Object Damage (FOD), Hazardous Waste and Tool Control Programs as annotated in OPNAVINST 4790.
- Complies with established general and industrial safety rules and regulations as applicable to the contract, facilities, and job assignment.
- Assists as directed to ensure safety, security and preservation of Government/Company owned equipment and supplies.
- Performs logistics driver duties as required by mission needs.
- Expedites urgent requirements for cross-site loans of IMRL/SE through proper channels.
- Ensures all IMRL assets requiring calibration are forwarded to the proper calibration facility.
- Responsible for enforcement of the Tool Control Program.
- Orders and issues tools or special tools as required.
- Ensure proper operation of tool room and performance of tool inventories.
- Stores and issues hazardous waste and materials.
- Complies with Hazardous Waste Program. When assigned, act as Hazardous Waste Coordinator.
- Ensure required quality control inspections are complied with.
- Maintain appropriate records of all work accomplished.
- Maintain cleanliness of the work area while performing various daily office tasks and other logistics or related duties as required.
- May be required to perform off-site logistical services on assigned detachments.
- Maintains the highest ethical personal and professional standards
- Other projects and initiatives as assigned.
POSITION SCOPE AND CHARTER
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions and have the ability to work with others in an effective to resolve problems and situations.
- Must have three (3) years’ experience and/or proof of on the job training as a supply/material control technician.
- Must have thorough knowledge of the packaging storage, shipment and transfer of property and supplies.
- Must have thorough knowledge on military property accountability, procedures, forms and records.
- Must have working knowledge of the military/government supply system pertaining to aircraft parts, components, materials and applicable maintenance technical publications.
- Must have knowledge of basic arithmetic: addition, subtraction, division and multiplication.
- Must be familiar with general office concepts, practices and procedures.
- Must be computer literate and able to type at a rate of 20 words per minute.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
- Must be able to work weekends, other shifts and overtime as required.
- The essential physical requirements of the position will be reviewed with the applicant during the interview.
- Some travel will be required.
- Must adhere to Company policies/procedures and management instruction.
- Ability to Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and Company Proprietary data.
- As a government contractor, Vertex Aerospace requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment in accordance with Executive Order 14042. Exceptions to this policy are granted on a case-by-case basis for those that request a religious or medical accommodation. A vaccination status form and proof of vaccination, if applicable, is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
This classification activity is usually accomplished in a warehouse environment and as such requires the scope of physical movements and postures normally associated with warehousing activities. Work area may have exposure to high noise hazards and inclement weather. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. May be required to lift objects whose weight normally will not exceed 50 pounds. May be required to work near moving mechanical parts. Special vision abilities required to perform this job are close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Certifications/Licensing as required by the COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2 series
- Completed Naval Aviation Material Control Management course (C-555-0051)
- FOD and TCP Awareness trained.
- Hazardous Waste Communications trained.
- ISO 9001-2000 Program Awareness
- Security Clearance Awareness Training
- Operational Risk Management (ORM) Training
- ESD Training
- Valid State Driver’s License
- Fork Lift License
Vertex is committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment in which we recognize and value each other’s differences as well as fostering a culture that promotes its core values: Professionalism, Integrity, and Respect. As an equal opportunity employee, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.