Location: Current project is in Maryland and must be willing to travel nationwide for additional projects once complete.
Why CCI? CCI Systems, Inc. is an Employee-Owned Telecommunications Company based in Iron Mountain, MI with 60+ years of industry knowledge and experience. Our outstanding team-based work culture and environment has allowed us to grow, develop, and retain long-term employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive pay, flexibility, paid on-the-job training, overtime, professional development, and inspire you to be bold, yet accountable. We value our employee’s hard work and determination and REWARD results all while having fun!
Our mission is to make life better by connecting people through innovative communication systems.
We are seeking Field Walkout Engineers who will perform walkouts for an entire town and/or subdivision to create field notes for new or existing (as-built) cable plants following specifications provided by customer.
• Perform new build walkout or as-built mapping.
• Follow guidelines to provide detailed accurate route of existing or new build plant.
• Ensure all tasks are completed in accordance with customer and industry specifications.
• Obtain the correct field information, record verification, document all details for aerial and underground telecommunications including fiber, coax, poles, pedestals, and more.
Skills we are looking for
• 2+ years of cable mapping experience within the CATV industry is required.
• Subcontractors: prior experience working as a sub within the industry is required.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the fielding process with hands on experience in CATV asbuilt and new build walkouts.
• Knowledge of cable design and basic OSP construction practices of cable systems.
• Permitting experience in telecommunications such as: right of way (ROW), pole, railroad, and government agency permitting is preferred.
• Able to read and interpret maps, drawings, and diagrams associated with CATV projects.
• Ability to accurately update As-Built field prints with equipment & information obtained from the field walkout.
• Good computer skills with proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Outlook, IKE & PDF Editor with the ability to learn new software and technologies is preferred.
• Ability to draw digitally in software programs like Katapult or Bluebeam is preferred.
• Must be highly responsible and self-motivated.
• Strong analytical, observational, and communication skills.
• Able to work independently within minimal supervision.
• Able to communicate with customers in a professional manner.
• This is a full-time, production-based position.
• Must be willing to travel 100% nationwide.
• Perform field walkout assignments daily over varying terrain and in all weather conditions.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
• Company vehicle and necessary tools will be provided.
• Hotel expenses covered.
• Full benefits package.