Our vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all. Join an inclusive team passionate about one thing: using their expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we build help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can fuel the very innovation we are pursuing.
As an Indirect Regional Category Supplier Manager, you will be the primary category point of contact for supplier interactions, performance management, and negotiations. In this role, you will partner with internal stakeholders to build comprehensive view of supplier performance for continued sourcing success. You will lead the development and implementation of category strategies and projects related but not limited to cost reduction initiatives, supply base optimization, and contract negotiation. This is accomplished through building and maintaining strategic supplier relationship to meet the category strategy goals and needs. In this role, you will engage in supplier benchmarking analysis to formulate, lead and execute strategies to optimize cost, supply, and quality. Additional responsibilities include negotiating terms, conditions and pricing to leverage spend, leading and participating in department projects, serving as a primary contact for industry and regional supplier information.
Role Responsibilities & Tasks
- Lead Site Supplier Performance and Relationships
- Own procurement process for designated areas and accounts
- Negotiate with suppliers to meet business needs
- Support capital budgeting and cash flow management, and the execution of Global Procurement strategies
- Handle cost saving initiatives and metric
- Implement cost savings and process improvement programs
- Have deep knowledge to serve as a consultant for procurement process and supplier issues.
- Support site audits
Manage Supplier Relationship Regionally
- Act as primary point of contact for assigned suppliers/contractors in assigned category
- Perform commercial supplier qualification activities to ensure the commercial development of strategic suppliers
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with supplier(s) while effectively resolving supplier performance/capability issues
- Ensure suppliers comply with Micron's code-of-conduct programs and corporate social responsibility initiatives
- Communicate key supplier management updates and decisions to multiple levels in the organization including Executive Leadership
- Enlist senior management, when appropriate, to help reinforce commitment and involvement from suppliers
- Provide the voice of the supply base to Micron and provide the voice of Micron to the supply base
Identify and Implement Supplier-Related Savings Levers
- Participate in supplier segmentation and strategic goal setting
- Provide market intelligence and category price trends to relevant internal stakeholders on a disciplined schedule
- Utilize should-cost models for assigned categories that are benchmarked and relevant to the global marketplace
- Serve as the center of knowledge for assigned category and share knowledge with key stakeholders and members of the category teams to enable more effective planning, forecasting and execution
Drive Negotiations with Suppliers for Sustaining Purchases
- Lead or participate in negotiations for contract extensions and renewals, renegotiation of prices, transfers, etc.
- Coordinate with Category Sourcing Manager (where relevant) or lead sourcing events/RFQ process into bundled negotiation
- Incorporate savings targets and contract requirements into negotiations
- Develop a contract strategy for assigned supplier/contractors create, negotiate, monitor and enforce contracted terms and conditions
Ensure Supplier Performance Management
- Partner with stakeholders to build comprehensive view of supplier performance, collect and relay site specific priorities to suppliers
- Own and manage overall Strategic Supplier relationships within the assigned categories
- Collaborate internally to drive and develop key performance measures/metrics for key regional Suppliers and monitor supplier performance against these expectations to ensure continuous supplier improvement
- Lead in organizing and delivering on strategic supplier events, such as Quarterly Business Reviews, Annual Supplier Evaluations, and Executive Review Meetings
Quantity Surveyor Capabilities
- Construction industry professional with expert knowledge on construction costs and contracts.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the contractual and financial side of construction projects. Manage the costs on a construction project and help to ensure that the construction project is completed within its projected budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree in: Business, Business Administration/Management, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, or related field of study.
- Desired certification or licensing: APICS, PMI, CPM, CPSM, EIT, PE or other related field of study
- Construction, Estimating, Quantity Surveying and Construction Project Procurement experience
- 2 years or less full-time industry experience in any of the following:
---Contractor or Subcontractor management
---Procurement in Construction Management
This role provides flexibility! You may work remotely two days per week. Additional Micron benefits include: Health, Savings, Wellbeing Programs, Stock Purchase Discount, and a generous Time Off Program. #li-hybrid
About Micron Technology, Inc.
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions transforming how the world uses information to enrich life for all. With a relentless focus on our customers, technology leadership, and manufacturing and operational excellence, Micron delivers a rich portfolio of high-performance DRAM, NAND, and NOR memory and storage products through our Micron® and Crucial® brands. Every day, the innovations that our people create fuel the data economy, enabling advances in artificial intelligence and 5G applications that unleash opportunities — from the data center to the intelligent edge and across the client and mobile user experience.
To learn more, please visit micron.com/careers
Micron is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s People Organization at email@example.com or 1-800-336-8918
Micron Prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.