Our vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all. Join an inclusive team passionate about one thing: using their expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we build help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can fuel the very innovation we are pursuing.
REPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Perform commercial supplier qualification activities to ensure the commercial development of strategic suppliers
- Act as primary point of contact for assigned construction suppliers
- Lead Supplier Relationship Globally
- Maintain relationships with supplier(s) while effectively resolving supplier performance/capability issues to ensure alignment with Micron’s strategic direction
- Ensure suppliers follow Micron’s business ethics, code-of-conduct programs, and corporate safety policies and social responsibility initiatives
- Communicate key supplier management updates and decisions to multiple levels in the organization including Executive Leadership
- Enlist senior management, when appropriate, to help reinforce commitment and involvement from suppliers
- Provide the voice of the supply base to Micron and provide the voice of Micron to the supply base
Drive Negotiations with Suppliers
- Lead or participate in negotiations for construction contract
- Lead sourcing events/RFQ process
- Develop a contract strategy for each project, including to create, negotiate, monitor and carry out contracted terms and conditions
- Conduct Should Cost Analysis
- Incorporate savings targets and contract requirements into negotiations
Lead Supplier Performance
- Partner with Global Facilities stakeholders and sites teams to build comprehensive view of supplier performance
- Collect and relay site specific priorities to suppliers
- Own overall Strategic Supplier relationships for construction category
- Collaborate internally to drive and develop key performance measures/metrics for Strategic Suppliers and monitor supplier performance against these expectations to ensure continuous supplier improvement
- Lead in organizing and delivering on strategic supplier events, such as Quarterly Business Reviews, Annual Supplier Evaluations, and Executive Review Meetings
Create and Implement Construction Category Strategy
- Participate in supplier segmentation and strategic goal setting
- Provide market intelligence and price trends to relevant internal partners on a focused schedule
- Use should-cost models for assigned categories that are benchmarked and relevant to the global marketplace
- Serve as the subject matter authority for construction procurement category and share knowledge with key stakeholders and Indirect teams to enable more effective planning, forecasting and execution
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- PMP certification or equivalent, preferred
- Lead multiple large-scale projects concurrently, ability to work with minimal supervision; strong project management skills
- 5+ years experience in construction, construction management and/or construction contracting
- Proficient in MS office
- Should Cost Analysis
- Comfort around Senior Leaders and Executives, ability to create and deliver executive-level presentations
- Experience with industry-standard contracts (FIDIC) and/or Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management (EPCM) contracting
- Knowledge of CSA and MEP systems, generally accepted standards of workmanship in construction and infrastructure systems
- Knowledge of innovative construction practices, may include BIM (or greater) technology, pre-fabrication, etc.
- Knowledge of project controls and standard project reporting
This role provides flexibility! You may work remotely two days per week. Additional Micron benefits include: Health, Savings, Wellbeing Programs, Stock Purchase Discount, and a generous Time Off Program. #li-hybrid
About Micron Technology, Inc.
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions transforming how the world uses information to enrich life for all. With a relentless focus on our customers, technology leadership, and manufacturing and operational excellence, Micron delivers a rich portfolio of high-performance DRAM, NAND, and NOR memory and storage products through our Micron® and Crucial® brands. Every day, the innovations that our people create fuel the data economy, enabling advances in artificial intelligence and 5G applications that unleash opportunities — from the data center to the intelligent edge and across the client and mobile user experience.
To learn more, please visit micron.com/careers
Micron is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s People Organization at email@example.com or 1-800-336-8918
Micron Prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.