Greif offers a great working environment and the opportunity to make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always welcome.
Job Requisition #:
021409 Category & Sourcing Manager, Energy & Renewables (Open)
- Strategic leadership role for the end-to-end Category Management of both conventional and renewable energy procurement. Responsibilities include ensuring continuous supply, energy hedging activities, sustainability initiatives and supplier relationship management actions with key providers.
- Works cross-functionally with key corporate and business unit stakeholders to drive and execute Energy sourcing strategies based on business requirements and market conditions.
- Provide market and financial insights for energy with finance managers/directors, business leaders, plant managers, and SC team members.
- Challenges historical paradigms and finds new opportunities to optimize performance. Develops and implements ideas to reduce costs and optimize TCO.
- Measures and tracks internal performance for responsible spend, including monthly and quarterly presentations of designated key performance indicators (KPIs). Meets annual cost and productivity targets.
- Supports working capital improvements and initiatives (e.g. inventory reduction, payment terms).
- Assists in evaluating and driving the qualification process of new suppliers.
- Collaborates with suppliers to ensure they understand requirements, can support lean manufacturing initiatives, and to improve processes/productivity to reduce cost.
- Proactively communicates with suppliers to prevent and resolve quality issues.
- Integrates sourcing and category management practices into core business processes.
- Contributes to the larger Supply Chain organization helping to drive digitalization, simplification, and standardization.
- Ensures compliance with Procurement Ethics, procurement policies, SOX requirements, Corporate standards, and Greif code of conduct.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) and 7-10 years of relevant experience in supplier management, strategic sourcing, supply chain or procurement.
- Proven expertise in the strategic sourcing and category management of conventional and renewable energy experience required.
- Strong understanding of the global energy market a plus
Knowledge and Skills
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with sourcing, category management, and/or supply chain operations.
- Demonstrates the ability to work collaboratively with others as part of a team and to work effectively independently.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and planning skills.
- Demonstrates leadership abilities.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read Greif’s Equal Opportunity Policy.