Assist the Idahoan Team with the tactical, analytical and strategic tasks needed to execute brand strategies. Assist with the creation, development and execution of the Category Management initiatives for new item innovation in the retail business unit. Use category/shopper/Nielsen-IRI data/insights to develop selling stories to increase sales and market share, while supporting the Idahoan Foods sales initiatives. Support data analysis for key sales initiatives, including retailer performance analysis and various ad-hoc analyses (assortment, promotion, pricing POG, voids, etc.). Create and manage planograms with utilizing Space Planning software for retailers. Develop/update business review templates and participate in account sales calls. Lead and/or participate on other projects as business needs dictate. Effectively work with third party data providers to compile data and insights that will support the sales functions and drive sales.
• Lead the development of Idahoan’s selling story. Incorporate insights from various disciplines, including traditional Category Management, Consumer/Shopper Insights, and emerging data sources into one coherent and compelling story.
• Participate in line reviews for retail accounts including assortment recommendations, segments trend performance and providing strategies and tactics to drive sales
• Provide category leadership and advisory duties to key retail partners, including unbiased assortment, promotional and planogram recommendations
• Analyze and interpret consumer, customer, industry and sales data into actionable insights
• Recommend strategies and tactics that can be implemented to drive sales performance, identify gaps or solve problems
• Create and present market and consumer research to assigned account(s)
• Provide recommendations/guidance on market analysis or sales data
• Create useful and actionable Category Management reports and accurately maintain/update as dictated by data update schedule
• Ad hoc reporting/analysis as needed to support cross-functional teams and leadership
• Support internal account team with unbiased recommendations based on knowledge of the market, industry, consumer and customer
• Autonomously manage concurrent projects of varying importance, urgency, and impact with ability to adjust priorities based on opportunities/needs
• Lead the analytical process for new product development and new product post-launch analysis
Alignment with Core Values of the Company
• Respect & Value Our People
• Stay in Front of Change While Reducing Costs
• Delight our Customers
• Food Quality & Safety
Professional Qualifications/Required Skills of the Position:
Education and/or Experience: This position requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Marketing or related field. Five to eight years of experience demonstrating a proven record of success in the retail industry with consumer packaged goods or broker experience.
Language Skills: The ability to prepare, format, proofread and edit documents, which are succinct and professional, are a key responsibility for this position. Must have effective oral and written communication skills, excellent telephone skills, and thorough knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Reasoning Ability: This position requires a high degree of self-confidence and maturity to make the decisions required in day-to-day activities and solves problems with minimal direction. Must be detailed and have strong organizational skills. Must be a team player, able to react to change productively, be flexible, and to accept changing assignments and accountabilities. Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
Computer Skills: Needs to be an advanced user Syndicated Data tools such as IRI/Nielsen Custom databases and Product category databases; All Outlet databases; Panel – Consumer Facts, Channel Facts, Cross Outlet, Demographics; Segmentation and targeting, Clustering, Demand indexing; Advanced user with Blue Yonder – Space Planning, Advanced user with Microsoft Excel
Physical Demands: The position is located in a corporate business office environment with moderate noise levels and requires sitting at a desk for extended periods and walking from point to point. The Individual must be capable of carrying up to 50 lbs. while traveling.