Jacobs is seeking a Software/Build Engineer/Configuration Manager to join our team in Fort Meade, Maryland.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Building and managing development and production environments for an enterprise Identity and Access system
- Manage/Improve the Configuration Management tools and processes
- Perform builds, schedule, package/install releases including testing and moving from staging to production environment
- Document changes and coordinate with developers and leadership on releases
- Active TS/SCI Clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer engineering or computer science disciplines
- 3 years of Software Engineering experience. An additional 4+ years of Software Engineering experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 7 years.
- Setting-up and maintaining an ongoing a continuous build/ integration infrastructure.
- Creating and sustaining a fully automated CI build processes for multiple environments
- Writing build and deployment scripts.
- Training and supporting developers on processes for source control, through build automation, merge resolution, CI, test automation, deployment.
- Enabling successful release management by moving code from Development and Testing environments to Staging and Production.
- Agile Software Development and Management methods
- Knowledge of source code control management systems and configuration management ( i.e. Git, Hudson, Subversion, Artifactory etc.) and code branching/merging strategies
- Documenting and coordinating with developers and leadership on releases.
- Strong Linux skills, including Perl and bash
- Ability to manage and install software on web application servers (preferably JBoss)
Ability to work with a team.
Experience with :
- Java/J2EE and SoapUI
- Scripting languages: Groovy, Gradle, Ant
- Build automation tools – Jenkins preferred, Hudson acceptable.
- Build-time dependency management (Maven), Unit testing and code-coverage tools (JUnit), and Functional test automation techniques and tools (Selenium, etc.)
- Open Source Repository Manager (Sonar Nexus)
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is always critical. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.