The Cartographic Production Analyst generates, edits and enhances GIS data derived from various geospatial source data. They produce a variety of vector products that meets internal and/or external client requirements.
- Collect hydro break lines from lidar data in accordance with project specific requirement, using TerraSolid modules on MicroStation platform, LP360 and/or ArcGIS. Perform manual editing, and generation of derived products.
- Generate contour products from lidar or DTM.
- Compile planimetric and DTM features from digital stereo imagery.
- Perform vector production procedure as required.
- Understand the various factors affecting production, i.e. time allotted for the project and its metrics, quality and quantity of work produced, and project specifications
- Recognize, report, and solve problems on a timely basis to keep project on schedule; use independent judgement in determining courses of action
- Report to the Edit Department Supervisor on project status and/or any matter that may adversely affect the quality of the product
- Report to the technical/team lead or department supervisor on project status and/or any matter that may adversely affect the quality of the product.
- Act as an additional training/technical resource to production and clients
- Provide written and oral reports as needed on technical and professional issues
- Exercise creativity in assigned duties, analyzing processes to improve overall efficiency, quality, and profitability
- Recommend changes and/or develop software utilities and utilize tools to develop and maintain software
- Take initiative in learning and applying new methods to production and quantitatively evaluate results and benefit
- Ensure accordance to company standards, industry standards, QHSSE policy and local regulations
- Authorized to work in the United States, without restrictions
- BS degree in Geospatial sciences or related field of study; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Possess working knowledge of ArcGIS, ArcGIS Pro and QC software packages: Microstation, TerraSolid, LP360, Global Mapper, AutoCAD, FME, Arc Data Reviewer, topology etc.
- Working knowledge of lidar, contours, planimetric, elevation derived hydro, commonly used GIS data formats and other types of vector products
- Must have a thorough and technical understanding of photogrammetry, data quality, and relevant industry standards
- Experience with MS Office (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel)
- ASPRS certification preferred
- Must have excellent and effective oral and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work independently without supervision as well as within a team
- Valid drivers license with acceptable motor vehicle record
- Some travel may be required for training or other position-related situations
Our Contribution to You (Growth Opportunity)
At Fugro, we focus on helping our employees at every level of their career identify and use their strengths to contribute their best every day. From entry-level team members to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to grow knowledge and experiences. We support our employees by offering opportunities to sharpen their skills through on the job learning experiences to formal internal and external development programs.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our ‘apply’ button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated.
Fugro USA posting Disclaimer
Fugro is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly at 713-369-5600, option 5 or email@example.com.
EEO is the law poster
EEO is the law supplement poster