About the position
The Carpenter will be responsible for building and finishing exhibit properties and fixtures to required specifications.
- Function as part project teams, ensure scheduling, production requirements
- Determine method and configuration of crates for each job
- Procure stock and special materials, maintain inventory of same
- Fabricate acrylic and wood model parts as required
- Fabricate acrylic vitrines (solvent joints), bent acrylic parts and polishing
- Maintain all hand tools, equipment
- Compliance with general safety, EPA, OSHA and Fire Safety regulations
- Cleans equipment, shop area, and work site area
- Performs other duties as needed
- Ensure proper maintenance and upkeep of machinery and parts
- High school degree
- Carpentry work experience and expertise (exhibit or architectural millwork) including understanding basic carpentry techniques using saws, routers, pneumatic nail and staple guns, lamination, glue application and various power and hand held tools.
- Ability to read and understand complex shop drawings and specifications
- Good communication skills
- Ability to effectively work as part of a team and interface with all levels of the organization as well as client organizations
- Multi-tasking, ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, demanding environment
- Overtime as necessary
MC² offers a robust benefits package including: Medical (3 choices of plans), Dental (3 choices of plans) , 401K, Vision, company paid Life Insurance, company paid Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Accident and Critical Illness Insurance--plus more. Our culture fosters teamwork, individual strength, and innovation, all in a dynamic environment!
MC² is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V.