- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K Plan
- Paid Vacation and holidays
- Shift Premium
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Commuter/Van Services
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Safety Boot Reimbursement Program
- Hourly Rates from $18.91-$34.02
Electric Boat is the premier designer and builder of nuclear powered submarines for the US Navy and we are experiencing a period of unprecedented growth! We are looking for people who want to learn and grow within our Carpentry Department as we continue to build the most advanced submarines.
Interested in learning a new trade?
Apply today! As long as you are eager and willing to learn, we will provide training to teach you how to excel as a Carpenter!
Carpenters are responsible for:
- Carpenters install thermal and acoustic insulation, manufacture and install keel blocks, install lead, damping materials, deck tile throughout many compartments and spaces on the submarine and provide linesman services for the shipyard
- They construct staging, establish and layout ship's reference points and support the moving and launching of the submarine.
- Work conditions may include elevated platforms and confined spaces.
- Individuals are required to possess their own basic hand tools.
- Carpenters use blueprints, layout, and measurement skills to perform many jobs in submarine construction.
- They must be able to safely use a variety of pneumatic and electrical power tools necessary to cut, modify, and install materials.
- High school diploma or GED
- 0-5 years of relevant experience
- 6 months of relevant experience
- Vocational, Technical Colleges, Apprentice programs, Military, shipbuilding, manufacturing and automotive experience
- Must be able to interpret technical manuals, shipyard procedures, test documents, blueprints, diagrams, and perform basic layout functions.
- Willing to take road jobs and the ability to work all shifts.