UTC Railcar Repair Services LLC
Come join a team where People make the difference! As a part of Marmon Holdings, Inc., a highly decentralized organization, we rely heavily on people with the aptitude, attitude, and entrepreneurial spirit to drive our success, and we're committed to attracting and retaining top talent.
Who We Are:
Transco Railway Products, Inc. has been the leader in providing railcar maintenance and services to the railcar industry. We have earned the reputation for honesty, integrity, and superior quality which has allowed us to establish a committed customer base. Transco is part of Marmon - a strong, growing, global organization that consists of more than 100 autonomous manufacturing and service companies.
We are looking for an Entry-Level Repair Technician to provide support to by performing basic repairs. You will repair parts of metal or other weldable materials according to layouts, work orders, blueprints, schematics, and sketches. You will be responsible for performing a variety of rail car repair related tasks and working in a TEAM environment, establishing good working relationships at all levels.
Shift: First Shift Only - Monday – Friday - 8 hour shifts
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as pneumatic and hydraulic tools, grinders, jacks, welders, cutting torches, forklifts, and cranes.
- Read specifications, shop drawings, schematics, and blueprints.
- Knowledgeable or willing to learn how to perform air brake test.
- The ability to work in adverse weather conditions and outside
- The ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving the whole body such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling materials.
- The ability to lift 50 pounds with proper body mechanics.
- Ability to work within a teamwork environment with regular and predictable attendance.
- Keep materials area and other work areas clean and orderly and report potential hazards.
- Able to pass drug screen, physical.
What We Offer:
Transco strives to be the Employer of Choice. Our generous benefits package includes:
- Benefits on Day 1
- Medical/Dental/Vision with first in class vendors
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Company Paid Benefits: Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 11 paid holidays a year
- Vacation Benefits
Don’t worry if you think that you do not meet all the qualifications. The tools, technology, and methodologies we use are constantly changing and we value talent and interest over specific experience.
It is the policy of Transco to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons, and to recruit, hire, train, promote, and compensate persons in all job without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation, gender identify, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic protected by the law.
Following receipt of a conditional offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete additional job-related screening processes as permitted or required by applicable law.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, and please be sure to include the title and the location of the position for which you are applying.