Make Happy! Work Happy at Russell Stover Chocolates!
Our tradition of handcrafting quality chocolates in small batches begins with our Candy Makers. Using recipes that started in the kitchen of Mrs. Stover, our Candy Makers make everything from chocolate, caramels, creams and fruit and nut centers. All work is done with a focus on quality and safety. The key responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
A TYPICAL SCHEDULE FOR THIS ROLE IS 10 HR SHIFTS MONDAY - THURSDAY. START AND END TIMES WILL VARY WITH THE EARLIEST START BEING 3:30 PM AND THE LATEST END TIME BEING 2:30 AM. DURING PEAK SEASON, OVERTIME MAY BE REQUIRED
- Operates kitchen equipment such as large mixers, ovens and large pots in a safe and proficient manner according to standards, guidelines and instructions.
- Mixes and/or cooks candies in batches per Russell Stover Chocolates standards.
- Reads and understands formulas/recipes, measurements, tapes and thermometers.
- Reads and understands product specifications established by Russell Stover Chocolates and recognizes deviations from those specifications.
- Monitor more than one batch or process simultaneously.
- Performs clean-up activities as assigned.
- May be assigned other duties by plant management as required.
TO BE CONSIDERED AN APPLICANT FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST SHOW HOW YOU MEET THE BASIC QUALIFICATIONS AS OUTLINED IN THE REQUIREMENTS Basic Job Qualifications
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Able to read and understand recipes
- Possess basic math skills
- Able to read and write in English
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to routinely and frequently stand, stoop, bend and lift overhead during a 10 hour shift
- Able to stand on hard surfaces for the duration of a 10 hour shift
Benefits Weekly Pay
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience working in a commercial kitchen
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
Great Benefits- Medical, Dental and Vision
Life and Disability Coverage
Retirement Plan with Company Match
Climate Controlled Environment
Company and Community Events
Internal Promotions and Career Development
Sweet Rewards Company Description
Founded in 1923, Russell Stover Chocolates is a large producer of fine boxed chocolates in the United States. It began in Denver, Colorado as a candy business in the home of Russell and Clara Stover. The original candy, marketed as “Mrs. Stover’s Bungalow Candies”, changed 20 years later to Russell Stover Candies. The three principles of quality, service and value allow Russell Stover to remain “Only the Finest”.
Russell Stover Chocolates has sales in all 50 states and Canada. We operate company-owned retail shops throughout the United States and at over 70,000 drug stores, card and gift shops, grocery stores, department stores and retails stores. In September 2014, Russell Stover Candies was acquired by Lindt and Sprüngli, a Swiss based international conglomerate sold in more than 80 countries with production sites in Europe and the US, distributing on four continents.
Employment by Russell Stover Chocolates is contingent upon I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, passing the urinalysis drug screen, education verification, and satisfactory reference and background checks.
Russell Stover Chocolates is an EOE/MINORITY/FEMALE/VET/DISABLED/ employer. Principals only please.