Construction Equipment CAE Engineer, Kubota North America
The CAE Engineer will be accountable for the advanced CAE simulation and field data correlation with the goal of supporting the continuous improvement of the Compact Track Loader and Skid Steer Loader products for North America. The position will have the responsibility to deliver advanced CAE methods that clearly minimize require test times & prototypes while providing robust, high quality, cost competitive structures. Initially this role will not have any direct reports, as the team size increases the role will transition towards a working level lead that would have Test and Validation Engineers reporting to them.
This position works on-site from the Kubota North American Construction Equipment R&D office in Salina, KS and reports to the Construction Equipment Test & Validation Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize existing standards, actively work to evolve and standardize methods for analyzing structures for both stress, fatigue & NVH
- Collaborate with other members of the design team, test and evaluation, manufacturing, purchasing, quality control, etc. throughout the entire design process from concept generation to prototyping and production
- Correlation of test data to CAE models with primary focus on FEA and True-Load software
- Assure CE products meet the safety, quality, robustness, NVH and performance customers expect for Kubota products
- Provide input and assist with development and adherence of procedures, test methods and validation master plans
- Assist with the development of new and creative test and validation methods with sound technical ability and leadership in order to rapidly optimize the launch of new products while maintaining safety, quality, durability and reliability
- Using proper engineering practices & principles; analyze/interpret test data and prepare and present technical reports that will be used by engineering and management personnel
- Use computer software and hardware to conduct tests on construction machinery and equipment according to industry standards
- Adhere to procedures, test methods, validation master plans and other validation and test related documentation.
- Coordinate and/or perform lab tests/reporting on prototype machines and components as required
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Computer skills including MS Office, Google-based programs and 3D modeling
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Knowledge of engineering mechanics and vehicle system design: structures, mechanisms, statics, dynamics, kinematics, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of CAE methods, testing methods & data analysis
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail and commitment to excellence
- Work cross functionally with various teams to gather key inputs, and be able to work well with diverse opinions and competing priorities
- Ability to work independently; ability to prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines, communicate task status, oversee others work and seek assistance/direction when necessary
- Travel domestically and internationally as needed
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Advanced degree in Engineering
- Strong experience with CAE tools and analysis (FEA, multibody dynamics, MES, CFD & Acoustics Analysis)
- Experience with True-Load software and methodology
- 3D modeling experience
- Strong data analysis experience & knowledge
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. This role will be primarily based in an office environment and will occasionally provide insight to employees in the manufacturing and research and development areas.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member must have the ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, ascend stairs, balance, stoop, kneel or crouch, talk and hear. In addition, the team member must occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.