Job Location: CO - Colorado Springs - Colorado Springs, CO
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: Not Specified
Salary Range: $18.00
Travel Percentage: None
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Design
Under direction of the Production Scheduler, the CAD Designer will provide support to Project Managers by preparing routine layouts, detail drawings, assembly drawings, sketches & designs. The CAD Designer will also be exposed to a 3D software similar to Solidworks and Inventor called Allplan.
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting (AutoCAD) equipment and software to develop designs;
- Create and revise production drawings (detail and assembly drawings);
- Makes final sketch of proposed drawing, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project;
- Sketches rough layout of product and computes angles, weights, surface areas, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances, leverages, and location of holes;
- Drafts detailed multiview drawings of products;
- Draws finished designs from sketches;
- Update Drafting and Engineering Standards;
- Responsible for maintaining an organized file system for Production Drawings;
- Communicate with Fabrication, QA, Engineering, and Manufacturing regarding new and revised prints.
- Research and apply city, county, and state design standards and specifications
- Create engineered drawings from an already manufactured part or assembly.
- Assisting supervisor and Project Managers on creating submittal information.
- Understanding of revision levels and ongoing drawing improvements.
Note: Other duties and special projects as requested.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Minimum 1 year experience and highly proficient with AutoCAD.
- Preferred minimum 1 year experience in a manufacturing, fabrication, or machining facility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in reading, writing, math, and operational logic;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Able to handle various details in a stressful situation;
- Self-starter with a very high standard of expectation for self;
- Positive attitude toward other employees, customers, and supervisors;
- Excellent work ethic - punctuality, accuracy.