A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling
At Rheem, we are dedicated to bringing comfort to people’s lives. As a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we are innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It is an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact lives—every day.
The CAD Designer will perform detailed drawing creation and revision under Engineering direction from drawing markups and Engineering sketches in accordance with accepted drafting standards. Provides basic technical guidance to junior drafters.
NO REMOTE AVAILABILITY
This position will serve our Air Division, located in Fort Smith, Arkansas.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Provide technical guidance to junior staff in some technical areas and on some R&D equipment and systems.
- Apply drafting and computer-aided design (CAD) standards to complex component and assembly drawings checking own drawings and drawings of others for clarity, completeness and conformity to drafting and computer-aided design (CAD) standards.
- Prepare layouts, note and sketches of design assignments.
- Perform complex design assignments incorporating sheet metal, tubing, cabling / wiring and general assemblies based on notes, markups, engineering sketches and verbal instructions from engineers and other data checking for clarity, completeness and conformity to CAD and drafting standards and design form, fit and function .
- Perform detailed design assignments incorporating sheet metal, tubing, cabling / wiring assemblies based on notes, markups, engineering sketches and verbal instructions from engineers and other data checking for clarity, completeness and conformity to CAD and drafting standards and design form, fit and function .
- Prepare data and documentation to support product compliance with agency requirements (UL, AGA, ARI, CSA or others as required).
- Access and interpret a complex bill of material (BOM) and apply a BOM to verify components of a complex design.
- Assign and properly record detailed part numbers.
- Access, interpret and apply a complex design change notice to verify design configuration.
- Apply CAD standards and most Pro/Engineer design software features to create complex three dimensional sheet metal component and assembly drawings from written procedures, markups and / or engineering sketches.
- Apply CAD standards and most Pro/Engineer design software features to create simple tubing component drawings from sketches and engineering markups.
- Operate computer systems to create and manage task and project schedules and project and process documentation in accordance with company policy to meet project requirements for data acquisition, task result recording, project status reporting and BOM review.
- Provide regular verbal and written reports summarizing project activity, conditions, procedures, results, conclusions and recommendations to project leaders.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Associate Degree, Vo-tech Degree or equivalent experience. Must be able to demonstrate application of the following:
- perform job skills required by subordinate job codes
- provide basic technical guidance to junior staff
- mastery of drafting and CAD standards application
- perform basic general design, tubing, cabling and assembly design skills
- proficiency in sheet metal and assembly design skills
- ability to apply basic facilitation skills to achieve team objectives
- mastery of BOM, CAD operations and design change notice skills
- mastery of office, e-mail, calendar, document, and file management software skills
- mastery of interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and team membership skills
- mastery of personal task management and project schedule usage skills
- perform basic project management skills
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, will become the property of Rheem.