Cable Design Engineer
The successful employee in this position will design and validate new and existing products (connectors, cable, EMI Shielding, circuit board launch structure, etc.) for electrical and mechanical performance and validation of routers, in process inspection, tooling, connector assembly work instruction and ease of assembly for the effective release of a trouble-free design to the production floor. Mentor junior engineers when needed. They will plan, design, and provide high quality interconnects, PCBs, and cable assemblies that surpass the standard requirements of strict industry standards such as 802.3 Ethernet, MIL-DTL-17, MIL-STD-348, MIL-PRF-39012 and others.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Coordinate projects; Communicate changes and progress; Complete projects on time and on budget
- Work with other design engineers to evaluate product improvement ideas, cost and alternate manufacturing techniques, automation, and material selection
- Work closely with the machining engineers to ensure designs can be produced.
- Work closely with manufacturing engineering to ensure connectors\cable\pc boards can be produced in production.
- Review tooling & tooling instructions as part of connector and cable designs
- Design and develop simulation methods.
- Modify and maintain engineering design tools to support product design, including connector and cable design tools.
- Work closely with other cable engineers to ensure that programs are being managed and coordinated with design efforts for a successful product launch of new products.
- Assist test technicians in troubleshooting and/or qualifying connector designs
- Work closely with production supervisor to ensure designs can be made in production using production tooling and processes.
- Support production in trouble shooting connector and cable issues.
- Performs tolerance stack-ups/analysis as required to validate designs and/or solve manufacturing problems.
- Review detail drawings and models in accordance with Carlisle standards. (Both documented and informal)
- May support design activities for other RF/Microwave products as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
*Other duties may be assigned*
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work is performed in a normal office environment with minimal physical risks involved. The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is dedicated to identifying and reducing the environmental impact of its operations, activities, and products. It is our commitment to comply with all applicable laws and other regulatory requirements concerning the environment. We are committed to preventing pollution and continually improving our environmental performance in all our global operations. This will be achieved through a comprehensive Environmental Management System that provides the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets of Carlisle Interconnect Technologies.