Performs Line/Hangar maintenance tasks, minor structural repairs and modifications, and routine electrical and avionics troubleshooting and repair without supervision, on C-40A (737-700C) aircraft. The candidate must have a broad and deep understanding of aircraft maintenance and maintenance management procedures and must also understand the theories, concepts, principles and techniques within these fields.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performing aircraft maintenance repair, inspection, and modifications.
- Maintain knowledge of COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2C, supply procedures, and Service Bulletins/Letters and Airworthiness Directives.
- Must be comfortable exercising the full privilege of A&P license.
- Able to use FAA approved data (i.e. IPC, AMM, FIM, FIM, SRM) proficiently.
- Must be highly proficient in using technical data and drawings to locate part numbers and accomplish repairs.
- Must have detailed knowledge of C-40A (737-700C) aircraft avionics and electrical systems.
- Ground operations (pre-flight, post-flight, thru-flight, towing, engine run)
- Aircraft launch and recovery
- Servicing aircraft systems and sub-system components, engines, and support/test equipment
- Scheduled maintenance and inspections, up to and including “A” check level of work
- Unscheduled maintenance tasks
- Aircraft/system troubleshooting; verify, isolate, and correct system malfunctions
- Familiarity with and be able to interpret technical data including drawings and schematics
- This position requires frequent interaction with external organizations and US Government civilian and military personnel
- All other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to company values and ethics
- Communication: excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
- Time management: ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and effectively deal with tight deadlines and pressure
- Problem Solving: ability to develop and implement new ideas to improve processes
- Strong judgment and decision making
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess a valid State Driver’s License
- Must be able to obtain a Passport
- Must possess a Common Access Card, or be eligible for one.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance. In order to obtain a Secret Clearance, US Citizenship is required.
- Must be available for assignment to days, nights and/or weekends. This will occur, only as-needed, based upon maintenance requirements and operational flight schedules.
- Must be willing to travel and provide aircraft maintenance support at forward operating locations, domestic and international.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- At least 3 years of aircraft maintenance experience in the last 5 years is preferred.
- At least 3 years aircraft maintenance experience on the 737NG aircraft in the last 5 years is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Naval Aviation maintenance policies and procedures preferred.
- Must possess an FAA A&P Certificate
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the facility.
- The environmental characteristic for this position is a flight line setting.
COVID vaccination may be required as part of your employment in the future.