Responsibilities: Procure proper material at the lowest possible cost that meets the quality standards required within the scope of his/her assigned product group(s). Duties include the following but are not limited to:
- Initiates inquiries with approved suppliers, negotiates and places orders with those who provide the most competitive offer for each need (price, delivery, product suitability, etc.)
- Develops positive supplier relationship to negotiate effectively
- Utilizes inventory management system to assist in maintaining appropriate levels of inventory
- Assists accounting department on reconciling suppliers’ invoices with debit memos, test reports, claims, etc.
- Engages with Inside Account Managers and Territory Managers on inquiries in their specific lines
- Collaborate with Inventory Manager to achieve the targeted GMROI
- Initiate process improvement and streaming of daily work activities
- Be a key participant in ongoing development of a “World Class Supply Chain”
- Undergraduate degree is preferred
- Experience within industry as a buyer or assistant buyer is preferred
- Possess effective communication skills which include verbal and written
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office such as Excel and Word
- Willingness to learn mainframe program (Metalware)
We offer a full comprehensive benefits program which includes: medical, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability, paid vacation, PTO, 401(k), tuition reimbursement among other competitive benefits.
TW Metals, LLC. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. TW Metals is also committed to complying with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
The right opportunity is waiting for you here at TW Metals, LLC. APPLY NOW!