EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of commercial space across the United States. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and education sectors.
Job Title: Buyer- Supplier Diversity
EMCOR Facilities Services seeks a Buyer- Supplier Diversity in Tempe, AZ
Perform sourcing activities as required to develop and maintain an effective diverse supplier base needed to service work orders for all Supplier Management and National Accounts clients. Perform all related Procurement tasks as assigned to assist Procurement manager. Develop resources on an ongoing basis as needed to identify potential qualified Diverse service providers for all request classes (service categories) required to support the EFS client base in department operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop resources on an ongoing basis as needed to identify potential qualified service providers for all request classes (service categories) required to support the Supplier Management and National Account client base.-
- Work closely with the Account teams to identify and support needs for additional suppliers.
- Communicate with the Account Teams regarding the availability of new suppliers available for loading into the Vendor Database
- Communicate with and interview potential suppliers to determine their interest and ability to meet the required supplier qualifications
- Work with the Procurement Administrator to send supplier agreements to potential suppliers who have communicated an interest in doing business
- Expedite potential suppliers responses
- Review supplier agreement responses to assist in addressing waiver requirements
- Perform supplier negotiations
- Maintain a qualified master supplier database
- Assist with COI (Certificate of Insurance) administration as needed
- Work with Operations personnel and suppliers as necessary to facilitate the completion of work order requirements in a timely and quality oriented manner
- Assist Procurement manager with strategic activities including supplier analysis projects including supplier leveraging opportunities, supplier competitive analysis and supplier performance analysis, supplier utilization, supplier management activities and Vendor Database gap analysis
- Participate in process improvement initiatives
- Interact with ECSC clients to identify opportunities to bring value-
- Work with Transition to support new account activity
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university or equivalent experience
- 2 or more years of professional business experience in a service industry. A background in subcontractor development and management and general purchasing experience is preferred.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal with all levels of management.
- The ability to effectively present information to all levels of management.
- The ability to read, analyze and interpret business documentation including contracts, agreements, work request specifications, financial reports, and regulatory documentation.
- The ability to read and speak multiple languages would be advantageous
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint and experienced in the use of business operating systems such as JD Edwards
- The ability to perform data analysis on financial and performance related data.
- The ability to solve practical problems and to deal with variables in situations where there is little standardization.
- The ability to interpret instructions and to understand and interpret conceptual information.
- The ability to establish priorities and to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- The ability to develop clear logical plans and to execute and track plan progress.
- The ability to manage conflict, maintain a positive attitude, and be proactive, self-motivated, team oriented and performance oriented.
- Hours: Mon-Fri – 8am to 430pm
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR’s normal application process – it is probably fraudulent.