At Frank Calandra Inc. and Subsidiaries our most important strength is our people. We recruit and develop a talented and diverse group of individuals to continue to grow our business and contribute to our success. Our Company is a leader in supplying high quality products to the mining and tunneling industry. Frank Calandra Inc. and Subsidiaries is highly respected all over the globe by its customers, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Based out of our corporate offices in Pittsburgh, PA, This is an exempt salary position where the employee performs source selection and accurate, timely procurement functions directly associated with the Company’s needs for indirect materials, supplies, fixed assets and tooling, and select production materials and services in accordance with established company policies and procedures to facilitate the cost-efficient operation and production requirements of corporate and company-wide manufacturing facilities.
- High School Diploma/GED Required; Associate or BS Degree in Business Related Area Preferred; CPP Certification, A Plus
- Minimum Two-to-Five (2-5) Years Purchasing Experience or Combination of Education and Experience; Ross ERP Software Experience, A Plus
- Possess ability to understand established purchasing principles and company purchasing policies and procedures
- Possess (learn) functional knowledge of Jennmar, JM Steel, J-LOK and Jennchem products, services, and capabilities in the mining and tunneling industries to interface with interdepartmental personnel, plant personnel, and outside vendors/suppliers
- Possess competent, personable listening, verbal, and written communication skills to interact with departmental personnel, plant personnel, and outside vendors/suppliers to sustain professional working relationships and to effectively write routine correspondence and/or reports
- Possess knowledge of Beam, Pipe, Tube, Plate, Smooth Bar, and General Steel
- Possess basic math skills with ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Possess functional knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and workable knowledge of Ross ERP Software
- Possess a “team member” mentality with complementing ability to self-motivate and work with limited supervision
- Review incoming requisitions for accuracy; source and obtain price quotations from catalogs/vendors/suppliers; negotiate pricing with vendors or interface with established vendors/suppliers to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Raise requisitions to purchase orders for inventory & non-inventory items, office supplies and other commodities; expedite and acknowledge all orders with approved vendors.
- Generate international dispatch through logistics manager, as required.
- Generate, research, & complete non-conformance materials reports, as required.
- Gather and process information for capital projects, special projects, and to place yearly orders, as required.
- Monitor and interface with company location personnel to maintain inventory levels, as required.
- Interface with all departments/plants and resolve problems and issues with need purchase items or services.
Excellent benefits include medical with a standard PPO plan with deductibles as low as $1,500 and wellness credit up to $750; free concierge primary care; voluntary 401k plan currently matching up to 12%; voluntary dental and vision plans; free telemedicine services; basic life, long and short term disability coverage.