Responsible for assuring the continuous supply of assigned components to support customer service goals, minimize the total landed cost of material and optimize company’s cash flow.
Principle Duties (includes, but is not limited to):
· Coordination with CSR for Quote process to get the business. Manage Lead Time matrix for the value stream to quote right lead time to the customer.
Essential Qualifications / Experience:
· BS/BA in business or technical field or a minimum of 2 years of related experience.
· Direct experience working with suppliers from low cost regions (India, China, Eastern Europe, Etc.).
· Demonstrated proficiency utilizing and leveraging capacity planning tools in order to ensure effective delivery and shipment execution
· Direct experience planning and scheduling manufacturing based production operations
· Demonstrated ability to leverage MRP/ERP systems to execute both purchasing and planning related responsibilities
· Direct experience implementing lean concepts (Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen Leadership, 5S, etc.) with a materials management focus
· CPIM, CSCP, Lean Manufacturing and Six-Sigma Green Belt certifications are highly desirable.
· Excellent analytical, problem solving/decision making skills; ability to make timely, effective, fact based decisions. Includes a strong working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and scheduling software.
· Proficient in ERP systems and Microsoft office suite software (e.g. Word, Excel, Access, MS project, etc.).
· Prior experience implementing and managing a Kanban or pull system approach to component flow.
· Knowledge of supplier performance management practices and supplier scorecard.
· Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to perform and produce results in multifunctional teams in a dynamic work environment.