Donaldson is committed to solving the world’s most complex filtration challenges. Employing innovation and breakthrough solutions, we are advancing filtration for a cleaner world. We look for the best people to help us succeed, offering opportunities to learn, effect change, and make meaningful contributions at work and in our communities. This is a place where you can make a world of difference.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/donaldson/
Donaldson is looking for a Buyer for our Auburn plant. This is an excellent career opportunity for the right person.
- Responsible for planning supply needs and placing purchase orders for production components and supplies used in the manufacturing process based on production schedules, forecasts, and inventory levels.
- Purchases these raw material components for use in the manufacturing process using the material requirements planning (MRP) output and KanBan systems. This supply need determination includes reviewing the ASCP workbench daily and visually inspecting inventory for requirements, where appropriate.
- Monitor purchase order supply status and expedite/defer supply when necessary.
- Develop relationships with suppliers through managing accounts, visiting suppliers, understanding commodities, etc.
- Monitor and rate supplier performance through delivery/quality reports, on-site audits, and daily communication.
- Develop and implement cost savings programs and work with Corporate personnel to achieve company-wide savings.
- Support the effort to reduce vendors by consolidating purchases to strategic suppliers when pricing and lead times are acceptable.
- Manage inventory responsibly to meet performance metrics for Inventory Investment and Inventory Turns.
- Assist with quality issues to coordinate replacement, return, or rework alternatives with the Supplier. Works with Corporate personnel to improve supplier performance and/or to recommend re-sourcing to another supplier.
- Investigate invoice discrepancies and take action to resolve with Suppliers, Commodity Buyer, and Accounts Payable and authorize payment of invoices or return of merchandise once reconciled.
- Bachelors degree in Business or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5 - plus years of relevant experience
- Proficiency with MS Office products
- Oracle P.O. Buyer experience preferred
Come make a World of Difference!
Employment opportunities for positions in the United States may require use of information which is subject to the export control regulations of the United States. Hiring decisions for such positions are required by law to be made in compliance with these regulations. Applicants for employment opportunities in other countries must be able to meet the comparable export control requirements of that country and of the United States.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.