At Phoenix Defense, our team members have incredible opportunities to support or work on state-of-the-art modeling and simulation programs that prepare the nation’s armed forces to protect and serve our country and allies throughout the world. In addition, our team members serve to the opportunity of the fabrication of critical aerospace/space products for prime initiatives and projects via our manufacturing division. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage, and an entrepreneurial spirit to join forces to create the future while having fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible.
With every job we fill, our focus is on providing best in class service to our customers while offering the opportunity for professional growth in a rewarding and innovative work environment. We have an exciting opportunity for a Buyer II.
What You Will Do:
- Prepare/release material cost workups for bid packages and proposals in a timely manner in support of company metrics.
- Research new sources of supply for a growing company expanding into new markets/industries.
- Research/purchase Maintenance, Repair, and Operations (MRO) Supplies/Services as directed by Management Team.
- Update purchasing information such as lead-times and approved suppliers.
- Assist Procurement Manager with analyzing major cost reductions and development of value-add efficiencies in the quoting process.
- Work with engineering to validate BOM and part number accuracy.
- Work with fabrication suppliers to ensure quality and on-time delivery of product in support of internal and external company metrics.
- Work with Management to communicate and resolve corrective actions with Suppliers and the Quality Team when necessary.
- Communicate material shortage status with the Purchasing Team.
- Obtain quotes/bids in a timely manner in support of market and sales team.
- Maintain incoming inventory within min/max levels and purchasing guidelines.
- Perform supply chain projects as directed by management and/or related tasks and responsibilities that may be assigned.
At Phoenix Defense, we hire innovative, forward-thinking problem-solvers who love what they do! In addition to possessing the ability to live out our core values daily, candidates will have all or most of the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Business, Finance, Engineering, or Supply Chain Management.
- 3-5 years of professional experience. An equivalent combination of post-secondary education and/or experience may substitute for the minimum qualifications on a year for year basis. Proficient in research practices using tools such as Google. Prior experience working in an AS9100 Aerospace manufacturing environment. Familiar with ERP systems.
- Familiar with various mechanical processing steps – machining, metal fabrication, wet processing, painting/coatings, etc.
- Ability to read and understand production plans, the flow of materials during the manufacturing cycle, and engineering documents.
- Effective communication of issues, concerns, or potential delays in gathering material quotes.
- Utilization of Excel using formulas, macros, and templates to effectively submit material costs.
- Completion of duties with zero to minimal mistakes.
- Ability to work in group problem solving situations.
- Intermediate skill in utilizing MS Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point) to create reports, schedules, and appropriate documentation for other personnel functions. industry is strongly preferred.
Up For the Challenge:
In addition to a competitive salary, Phoenix Defense offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes generous 401K with company match, medical, vision, and dental plans, life insurance, disability, tuition reimbursement and more.