About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Researches, assesses and purchases one or more commodities.
- Develops purchasing policies and processes.
- Negotiates supplier contracts to ensure that desired product quality and price ranges are met.
- Obtains commodities from suppliers at the lowest cost consistent with considerations of quality, reliability of source and urgency of need.
- Studies market trends, interviews vendors and recommends sources of supply.
- Analyzes quotations received, selects or recommends suppliers and schedules deliveries.
- Develops and maintains necessary records and files for efficient operation.
- At higher job levels provides leadership, coaching and/or mentoring to a subordinate group and may occasionally act as a lead or first level supervisor.
The job function listed is not exhaustive and shall also include any responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires full working knowledge of relevant business practices and procedures in professional field. Uses standard theories, principles and concepts and integrates them to propose a course of action.
- Works under general supervision. Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish assigned goals. May periodically assist in orienting, training, assigning & checking the work of other peers.
- Judgement is required in resolving all day-to-day problems.
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads, subordinates, and peers. Frequent contact with external contractors/vendors.
Expertise: Qualifications -Education/Experience/Training/Etc
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 04-06 years related experience required.
- Applicable industry/professional certification preferred.
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Occasional business travel required, Secrecy and invention agreement and non-compete agreement, Ability to work non-standard schedule as needed
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Frequently:Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull, Stand, Sit, Visual Acuity with or without corrective lenses
- Occasionally:Push/pull, Reaching upward and downward
- Frequently:Seeing - depth perception, color vision, field of vision/peripheral, Sitting , Standing
- Frequently:Proximity to moving parts, Exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals (in most areas)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Intensity:Low
- Constantly:Office environment, Production/manufacturing environment, Other
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled