Responsible for purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment and/or services from suppliers. Prepares and evaluates supplier quotations and services to determine most competitive solution based upon total cost of ownership. Direct involvement in Supplier Performance Management. Familiar with a variety of purchasing concepts, practices and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals to perform a variety of tasks. Manage the order process from order entry for select commodities/categories through the verification of receipt at Specialty Components. Works under general supervision. The person in this position will interface directly with specific customers, marketing, production management, purchasing, accounts payable and suppliers. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected. This position reports to the Supply Chain Manager.
- Review purchase requirements with internal customer(s) to develop business need(s): purchase order entry, component and/or service expedites, issue resolution and follow up
- Use SAP ERP system and reports to generate purchase orders and other data
- Supplier and part number ERP/MRP system maintenance and management
- Participate and/or lead development of replenishment strategies to ensure uninterrupted supply to meet customer requirements
- Assist with analyzing material requirements to ensure alignment of Kanban levels and business goals such as customer service, availability and inventory turns
- Obtain and review supplier quotations and make recommendations as to such
- Assist with negotiating contracts with suppliers along with drafting contract terms and conditions to meet business needs
- Coordinate with Accounts Payable to ensure timely payment of invoices and/or receipt of credits
- Resolve discrepancies with, but not limited to, invoices and material receipts
- Direct supplier relationships and performance management to include regular supplier performance reviews and development of improvement plans
- Both lead and support resolution of non-conforming component issues with suppliers
- Establish and support total cost reduction programs for both direct and indirect materials
- Review with suppliers engineering notifications as well as detailed engineering prints/drawings covering areas of responsibility
- Utilize RBS (Rexnord Business System) tools to continuously improve and optimize the supply chain as a whole
- Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- •Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- •Instills Trust – Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- •Optimizes Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- •Self-Development – Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
Experience and Skill Required
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience in a purchasing function with in a manufacturing environment a plus.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to communicate with all levels of a corporation.
- Strong understanding of the various lean principles and continuous improvement.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- A strategic focus on what is important to the Company and his/her role in accomplishing this task.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills with strong working knowledge of MS Office applications. SAP experience a plus.
- High degree of creativity, flexibility, and resourcefulness in the pursuit of cost improvements.
- Experience sourcing commodities a plus.