As a Buyer, you will be responsible for placing and authorizing purchase orders within assigned limits. You will expedite orders, track deliveries, resolve shipping errors, and maintain accurate records following established guidelines.
- Reviews daily purchasing reports and system recommendations and determines proper quantities and items to purchase and creates purchasing documents to send suppliers.
- Maintains inventory availability while minimizing working capital investment.
- Tactical execution of stock replenishment, special order (SO), and drop ship (DS) buying where assigned while making buying decisions based on most economical method with respect to quantities, order minimums or prepaid terms and mode of transportation.
- Guarantees accurate purchase order quantities, costs, notes and terms compliance.
- Ensures electronic data interchange (EDI), automated stock replenishment (ASR/VMI), emailed and faxed orders reach suppliers.
- Follows up with suppliers concerning order status and delivery, and communicates delivery information to impacted departments.
- Reviews daily supplier shipping error notices and takes appropriate action.
- Reviews quarterly excess and inactive inventory reports and negotiates with suppliers to obtain return goods authorizations on excess and inactive material.
- Assists managers with evaluating supplier performance related to on-time delivery, fill rates, shipping errors, transfer cost improvements, branch support, and other measures.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Supply Chain or related field required.
- 1 year experience required of purchasing within supply chain environment.
- Knowledge of purchasing and inventory concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge of business performance measures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills, including purchasing and inventory management systems, programs and reports
- Ability to exercise judgment.
- Knowledge of industry including suppliers, customers, and competitors.
WESCO International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates ("WESCO"), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of WESCO to not discriminate against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is not limited to the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination.