Purchases a high volume and variety of materials, supplies and services. Processes purchase requisitions in fulfillment of program supply chain plans and other procurement requirements. Ensures the timely and accurate procurement of required products, services and components to meet production schedule and client requirements. Prepares and conducts competitive solicitations for assigned suppliers and/or products.
Major Position Responsibilities
- Participate in the development and maintenance of program supply chain plans with planners and program staff.
- Process assigned requisitions in compliance with defined cycle times in support of defined program supply chain plans and business requirements, as applicable.
- Negotiate pricing and delivery to reduce costs and meet delivery requirements.
- Issue Purchase Orders and/or IDWA's as necessary.
- Work closely with programs, master scheduling, cost/price analysis and compliance groups to ensure timely and accurate completion of activities and communication of status.
- Prepares and conducts competitive solicitations for assigned suppliers and/or products; evaluates bids, selects and recommends suppliers.
- Negotiates and settles with suppliers regarding return of materials, over shipments, rejections, losses, damages and engineering changes within assigned scope of responsibility and level of authorization.
- Conducts supplier site visits and rates them as to production capability, performance and delivery, often as part of a team.
- Comply with GDOTS corporate, and business unit policies and procedures.
- Comply with all applicable governmental regulations and laws.
- Provide fair and reasonable price determination, as required within assigned work.
- Prepare and document cost/price analysis, as required within assigned work.Participate in supplier IPT meetings.
- Participate in process improvement and/or Six Sigma teams., ther duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. To perform this job successfully, an individual will have working knowledge of MicroSoft Office Suite software and Accounting software.Serve as primary or secondary focal point for all assigned suppliers. Effective communication skills. Highly organized and self directed; performs effectively in team environment. Must be able to function effectively in a high speed, complex environment while managing competing demands. Knowledge of applicable government regulations (i.e. FARs, DFARs, ITAR, etc.). Responds promptly to customer needs. Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles with a sense of urgency. Works within the highest level of integrity and safety. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, and to perform a variety of tasks of varying complexity.
BS/BA degree in Business, Finance, Accounting from four-year college or university; or 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.