We are looking for a Buyer
in our location - Parsons, KS. This is not a remote position.
Here are some details about this position:
About CST Industries
Job Title: Buyer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Purchasing Manager
Approved by: Laura Cruz, HR Supervisor
To procure goods and services such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts and
supplies for the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote a safe and accident free workplace.
- Verify and manage supplier capability to meet all performance requirements, including but not limited to Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Inventory.
- Monitor and manage supplier performance.
- Deploy inventory replenishment systems (e.g. Kanban) to lower inventory and reduce ordering costs.
- Implement aggressive cost reduction projects as assigned.
- Identify and capitalize on multi-plant opportunities to reduce the company’s total cost of ownership.
- Develop industry, product, and supply base knowledge, including key cost drivers.
- Issue and maintain purchase orders to ensure accuracy of information.
- Manage delivery of assigned parts to ensure continuity of supply and adequate inventory levels.
- Provide backup purchasing assistance in the department as necessary.
- Audit supplier invoices and resolve price discrepancies.
- Assist in the identification and removal of waste from supply chain processes.
- Manage the flow of material by providing the necessary assistance to planners.
- Participate in company Lean initiatives and events.
- Manage special projects as assigned.
- Confer with suppliers to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Estimate values according to knowledge of market price.
- Review bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Keep procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery info, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services with quality, production, suppliers, and others to determine source of issue and take corrective action.
- Occasionally inspect material and other items purchased.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent training/experience.
- Willing to travel 15% of time.
- Ability to maintain an upbeat and positive attitude at all times.
- Ability to work in self-directed, fast-paced professional environment.
- High proficiency with computers skills, including email, MS Office.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and / or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry push, pull or otherwise move objects including the human body.
- Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Regularly sit, talk, listen
- Reading / Writing
- Use of Hands
- Ability to lift /carry up to 25 lbs. occasionally.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The employee works in the office of a manufacturing plant environment with normal exposure to noise, dust, and hazards associated with working in a high traffic, heavy machinery, manufacturing plant.
- Typical work hours are Monday through Friday from 8 AM – 5 PM (may vary by area in department).
- Job requires overtime.
- Work hours may change at Management's discretion with prior notice.
CST Industries, Inc., headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri, is the global leader in the manufacture and construction of factory coated storage tanks, silos, aluminum domes and specialty covers. With over 125 years of heritage and 350,000 installations in more 125 countries, CST Industries is focused on providing our customers the highest level of quality and customer service. CST's existing company portfolio consists of CST Storage Products, CST Covers, and Vulcan Tanks. Manufacturing facilities and technical design centers are located in Parsons, Kansas; Winchester, Tennessee; DeKalb, Illinois; Conroe, Texas; Gardena, California and the United Kingdom. Regional sales offices are located throughout North America and in Mexico, Argentina, United Kingdom, India, Dubai, Singapore and Vietnam. CST offers attractive, competitive compensation and benefits including, medical, dental, life, STD, paid vacation, 401k and an EAP program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform substance abuse testing and background verification checks as permitted by state law. ***CST Industries, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters/third parties. Please, no phone calls or emails regarding this posting.*** CST Industries offers competitive salaries, great benefits, including 401k, health, vision and dental insurance. CST is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.