This is an entry-level Buyer position.
- Initiates purchase orders for parts, services and/or special tools; arranges for submission and inspection of sample products as required; maintains close coordination with Marketing &
Operations to ensure timely execution of product and services sourcing activities.
- Secures and analyzes quotations, negotiates prices and terms with suppliers, and
recommends suppliers with respect to cost, quality and delivery competitiveness for assigned responsibilities.
- Studies market prices and trends, engineering developments, and manufacturing method
improvements applicable to assigned responsibilities; advises company activities with
concurrence of Director of Purchasing.
- Interviews and confers with current and prospective suppliers to determine supply capabilities, transportation logistics, inventory control and management; negotiates prices and delivery terms with guidance from Director of Purchasing for assigned responsibilities.
- Coordinates the planning inventory control parameters for the assigned products and services. 6. Coordinates as appropriate quality matters and engineering changes/developments between company activities and suppliers.
- Visits suppliers’ facilities to qualify them as new sources and assists in the resolution of
production, design, quality and/or delivery problems.
- Contacts vendors with discrepancies with quantity and quality.
- Work closely with others in the purchasing function and review opportunities for continuous improvement and business improvements.
- Works closely with quality control, marketing, and receiving department to ensure materials are correct upon arrival.
- Support the purchasing function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems with may impact on business operations.
- Ensure orders arrive by requested due date and follows-up on late orders
- Follows environmental and safety regulations and acts in compliance with U.S. laws.
- Complies with safety and corporate guidelines.
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Analytical skills to evaluate multiple suppliers
- Able to build and maintain effective and productive relationships with staff, stakeholders and suppliers
- Good communication, negotiation, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Able to manage time effectively, priorities tasks and achieve set targets
- Able to work well under pressure and handle emergency and stressful situations
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Financial Management.
- Organizational Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Technical Capacity.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Project Management.
- Time Management
- Strong analytical mindset
This position does not manage other employees.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office
equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This role also requires routine interaction with customers, suppliers, management, and other stakeholders, to include site visits and manufacturing plant tours.
Travel may be required and would be primarily during the business work week, although some
weekend travel may be expected. Occasional overseas travel may be required (1 or 2 trips per year)
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday. Hybrid opportunity to split office and work from home schedule.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in a business-related area preferred
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.