Job Location: AZ Sales Office & Warehouse - Chandler, AZ
Salary Range: $20.00 - $28.00 Hourly
Under general supervision, performs varied purchasing assignments to procure products necessary for the operation of the organization. Duties performed are usually routine where practices and procedures are well established. Responsibilities include: purchasing materials at best cost, maintaining and planning adequate and proper inventory levels, expediting material from suppliers, processing supplier returns as required.
- Outwardly demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the Quality Process.
- Participate in quality improvement teams.
- Manage and generate stock replenishment purchase orders and verifying accuracy and completeness
- Manage and generate daily QRP (quick response purchasing) purchase orders and verify accuracy and completeness
- maintain expected dates
- Place purchase orders (via email, web site entry, electronic transmission)
- Verify price and availability (looking for best cost and delivery)
- Confirm with supplier that our purchase order has been received, understood and entered in the suppliers order management system
- Review and resolve unconfirmed purchase orders
- Review and resolve open direct shipment purchase orders
- Insure supplier compliance of purchase order expectation on all items
- Manage and maintain a tracking process on purchase orders; advise sales of changes that affect commitments to customers and update ERP system with expected dates and backorder notepads
- Proactively expedite open purchase orders that affect open customer orders
- Provide assistance as a level of escalation for expedites
- Manage inventory: analyze and make recommendations to ensure a high service level and excellent customer service while maintaining desired turns
- Review assigned speculative inventory items
- Perform low inventory review
- Implement inventory changes using approved guidelines and standards
- Periodic supplier database reviews
- Annual returns to suppliers of unwanted inventory
- Review customer forecasts and purchase material as required
- Process internal stock requests
- Verify and approve invoice discrepancies when required
- Update and communicate changes in supplier lead times
- Maintain files for vendor quotations, material certifications, purchase orders, vendor returns and other operations department processes
- Manage freight claims for all damaged or lost material
- Review and resolve supplier non-conformances, daily
- Participate in new supplier implementation teams
- Implement list price updates for assigned suppliers, on time
- Maintain supplier notepads in ERP system for assigned suppliers
- Maintain item database in ERP system for assigned suppliers
- Maintain purchasing guides (white binders) for assigned suppliers: discounts, contracts, price lists and special pricing records
- Make recommendations for process changes that will assure accurate inventories
- Rectify inventory count errors through cycle count procedures
- Review and update newly entered items
- Review and resolve open production orders for assigned assembly items
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelors Degree
- Two years experience in procurement support, material control
- or material expediting, or related experiences
- Ability to use office equipment such as computer terminal, calculator,
- Copier and fax machine.
- Intermediate PC experience (Excel, Word, Visio, Crystal Reports, and Power Point).
- Intermediate Relational database experience or aptitude (e.g. Prophet 21).
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, and to meet deadlines.
Physical Capabilities and Requirements:
- Majority of day spent at desk working with computer
- Work in warehouse as required (lift to 50lbs. and can push 100lbs).