AZEK Building Products Location: Boise, ID
We’re recruiting for a Materials Buyer for our new extruded plastics building products manufacturing plant in Boise, ID.
The AZEK Company is an industry leading manufacturer of engineered low-maintenance residential and commercial building products headquartered in Chicago, IL.
Under the direction of the Senior Purchasing Manager, will provide raw material sourcing support. Develop, implement and maintain a commodity inventory strategy that supports the company's supply chain to maximize value, quality and delivery performance. He/she will rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals with minimal supervision. This team member will display a commitment to our values.
- Identify and qualify new sources of supply based on competitiveness, capability and business needs.
- Drive new material/supplier qualification activity with Quality, R & D and manufacturing.
- Generate supplier spend and inventory level change activity prior to key supplier management meetings.
- Obtain requirements from collaborative planning/purchasing sessions or from purchase requisitions.
- Generate recommendation for purchase allocation from contract/spot suppliers.
- Contact material suppliers negotiating price, delivery and other requirements.
- Generate orders within the SAP/JDE system.
- Schedule deliveries as required.
- Investigate and resolve quality issues as required.
- Research invoice discrepancies and generate appropriate pricing guidance to accounts payables for invoice pricing.
- Assist in supplier rationalization and cost reduction initiatives within assigned areas of spend.
- Participate in the creation and implementation of new or improved procurement processes.
- Comply with all SOX requirements and approved processes and procedures.
- Maintain professional & productive relations with suppliers and internal customers.
- Validate inventory levels to meet approved levels.
- Operates in a manner that provides value to the team.
- Performs additional duties as needed and/or assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree (four-year college) in Business Management or related field of study
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of strategic sourcing and inventory management
- Advanced education and/or related certification(s), a plus
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to company values
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and mathematical aptitude
- Success in planning, executing and managing material sourcing
- Precise and articulate written and oral communication; ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrate individual and group presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate upwardly to management and downward to a wide range of audiences
- Must be self-directed and motivated and able to multi-task in fast-paced, 24/7 manufacturing environment
- Strong computer skills to include: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong ERP experience driving the MRP process, JDE experience a plus