Welcome to APITech! We hire people who are curious, resilient, and want to make a difference. Our employee’s impact goes beyond designing and manufacturing electronic components, together our work is exploring space, protecting soldiers, and saving lives. Our high performance components, assemblies, and subsystems are used inside mission critical environments; such as, the space station, fighter jets, and embedded medical devices. Our company of experienced engineers and technologists work by these values – safety, integrity, respect, ethics, trust and continuous improvement. Join a company where we strive to put excellence in everything we do, including your career. Learn more about us at apitech.com/careers.
JOB SUMMARY: This role will to be the lead financial advisor to Business Unit Management and report operationally to the Business Unit Leader and Functionally to the Financial Operations Director. Key areas of responsibility will include spend analysis, material & labor variance analysis, forecasting, KPI (key performance indicators) management and reporting, asset safeguarding, and evaluating/tracking cost out opportunities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Financial Management and Key Business Partner
- Capable of GM level and leadership to support without supervision.
- Ability to integrate operational dynamics into financial planning
- Review weekly KPI data with management; understand trends and help analyze root causes.
- Collaborate with Corporate director of Operations Finance to achieve reporting goals (MBR, AOP, Forecast, Strap)
- Ensure new KPIs are correctly implemented in line with company standards.
- Collaborate with management to drive key 3 to 5 identified initiatives.
- Drive cash management of the company. Ensure leadership understands plan-to-achieve.
- Work with accounting firm to complete annual review of the financial statements.
- Drive forecast and the annual budget process for the plants / business unit.
- Develop preparation of budget, forecasts, and monthly bridges in line with AOP/Strap goals
- Partner with management and ensure comprehension and achievement of forecast.
Spend Analysis and Control:
- Help investigation in weekly/monthly dashboard of spending, highlighting opportunities for improvement.
- Support analysis and commentary of drivers behind variances, month to month vs. prior year, and forecast and budget.
- Review production variances (materials & labor) with management and help drive to root cause – in particular help collection of scrap data by area.
- Analyze/Optimize labor straight time and overtime daily and review with plant management.
- Ensure expense controls are in place and in alignment with AOP/GM objectives.
- Analyze/Control spending on key categories to include maintenance, supplies, and consumables, and support company initiatives to reduce spending.
- Collaborate with operations leadership to optimize relevant material content, scrap, crew size, throughput rates of work centers for use in updating standard costs.
- Financial oversight of inventory cycle count process inter-month and period-end physicals in-line with Company instructions, document results, and suggest improvements.
- Drive working capital improvement plans. Capable of understanding key inputs/outputs of w/c and ability to partner with operational counterparts to develop 1 quartile (peer) performance
- Develop economic decision support in capital expenditure development, and post spend audit. Capable of understanding key economic indicators (e.g. NPV, ROI, DCF)
- Work with management team to develop a database of cost out opportunities.
- Key member of team driving implementation of cost out opportunities.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS& RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engage daily operations meetings and present financial results to ensure management team are aligned with the performance vs AOP/forecast commitments
- Ensure robust financial controls are in place and are following financial policies.
- Support plant management in ad hoc exercises
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Experience Years: 5-8 years
- Experience Type: 5 years as Sr Cost Accountant or previous PC experience
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certificates/Licenses: See below:
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: See Below:
- CMA desired, CPA not required.
- Preferred candidates will have experience with ERP systems, SIOP, lean manufacturing
- Advanced and/or Expert level excel skills
DESIRED WORK STYLE:
- Ability to collaborate with determination to achieve commitments
- High energy style with determination to drive improvements, achieve goals
- Understands the deadline environment and able to work with flexibility to meet deliverables.
- Understands that environment has flexibility when deliverables are not imminent.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office & Manufacturing Based
DIRECT REPORTS: No Direct Reports