Delicatessen Services Co., LLC
Business Support Managers are responsible for supporting Boar’s Head Local Purveyors to successfully maximize sales, and promote and protect the brand. Boar’s Head Business Support Managers are trusted consultants, coaches, leaders and partners in the success of the company, their Local Purveyors and customers. The characteristics of successful Business Support Manager go much deeper than possessing specific skills – they have the drive and passion for learning about our products, enthusiastically sharing this information with Local Purveyors and customers, following through and thinking ahead, and continuously implementing strategies and solutions that drive results.
This role can be based in any larger market in Arizona.
- Monitor and enforce execution of Local Purveyor (LP) Retailer “Playbooks”.
- Monitor all PA, Selling Event, and Manager Meeting actions for assigned LP’s.
- Follow up on all RPT Reports for assigned LP’s
- POA’s to be reviewed in detail and follow-ups to occur on timely manner.
- Progressive discipline steps taken for non-compliance on POA’s leading to LP review by Director of Business Support.
- Provide all Technical, Software, and operational support.
- Manage all necessary information to be added to TRC/DOCK.
- Lead process of collecting measurements and feedback on all Company programs and requests emanating from Sarasota.
- Understanding and ability to convey the standards set forth within the Sales Policy and ensure that training, product presentation, professionalism of team/associates and the way in which the Brand is presented and handled at store level.
- Work with the LP to learn about their team and provide recommendations for further employee training and/or education to improve the LP’s business.
- Assist the LPs and their Retail Partners Operations team with any, and all, Company opportunities for training enhancement.
- Work with the LP to develop structure for a quarterly planner for each account including training, promotions, communication and other appropriate planning to be included in the LP’s Sales & Commitments Process.
- Execute consumers’ Boar’s Head Brand experience, including in-store execution, Brand marketing integration, and sales associate training.
- Maintain a standard of execution in the market place that reflects the high standards of the Boar’s Head Brand. This transcends to the appearance of an LP’s truck; the dress code of his/her employees; the merchandising in each retail account; and the caliber of customer service experienced by the Deli Shoppers
- Provide support and coordination for all crisis management situations.
- Ensure Local Purveyors’ execution of company policies and processes.
- Support Local Purveyors in applying and executing Sales Policy and Vision Process.
- Connect with Local Purveyors on a regular basis to provide the necessary guidance and support, including periodic market tours.
- Navigate and build relationships across Boar’s Head business function to have the ability to support the LPs.
- Proficient in company mandated technologies, including distribution and business systems.
- Proficient in distribution and supply chain management, including receiving, placing, picking and delivering orders in a timely manner.
- Proficient in deli operations, including all aspects of working behind the counter.
- Proficient in Merchandising and Visual Merchandising.
- Stay current on all new products, benefits and processes.
- Maintain a current permanent written file for each LP.
- Work with the Distribution Business Development Team to identify distribution needs and opportunities for further market growth and development.
- Work with the Distribution Business Development Team to manage all Local Purveyor route transfers and transitions.
- Manage, authorize and/or administer all appropriate Local Purveyor documents for national accounts such as the Interim Service Agreements (ISA); Non Performance Deficiency (NPD); and Fresh Slice Approval forms.
- 5 to 7 years CPG experience – direct to store distribution experience preferred
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work independently
- Highly developed organizational, project and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and to work successfully in a matrix management environment
- Strong willingness and ability to learn and gain subject-matter expertise
- Ability to travel at least 75% of the time to all locations
- Knowledge of CPG, grocery, deli and distribution operations.
- Bachelor’s degree or knowledge equivalent
- Ability to work collaboratively to achieve team goals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office