Job SummaryA Business Process Consultant (BPC) will lead simple to moderately complex customer-focused consulting and management projects. These projects, coupled with on-the-job experience, will provide the foundation for developing expert level knowledge and understanding of Avantor capabilities. Leveraging this knowledge and experience, the BPC will partner with Avantor to provide unbiased recommendations to achieve customer goals, build customer solutions, and satisfy customer identified requests while contributing to Avantor revenue.
- Partners with Avantor colleagues on select projects and scopes of work to drive revenue, relationships, and growth
- Creates proposals based on Avantor capabilities to achieve customer goals, support customer solutions, and/or satisfy customer identified requests
- Skilled as an expert interviewer and listener during customer/stakeholder interactions
- Collects and analyzes data provided by key customer stakeholders (customer champion, end users, software exports, financial systems, etc)
- Develops solutions and scope of works based on data gathered during customer interactions and on-site opportunities
- Builds presentations and written documents to present assessment recommendations and project plans
- Identifies business requirements and recommends a streamlined procurement process for customers using avantorsciences.com, Inventory Manager software, and Lab and Production Services (LPS) programs
- Recommends inventory management process to meet multiple customer requirements (types of software, customer-run, Avantor-run, R&D, GXP, etc)
- Supports the LPS business growth through customer-facing capability presentations and walk-throughs (as needed)
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree required
- 3-5 years of work experience in related field
- Supply chain/inventory management, laboratory, and/or production experience, preferred
- Project management experience, basic to intermediate
- Skilled in Microsoft Office tools, basic to intermediate
- Experienced communicator including presentation and other verbal/written tools
- Understanding of distribution logistics, customer supply chain, direct and indirect material procurement, materials management, accounts payable, and receiving
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at TalentManagement@avantorsciences.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.
3rd party non-solicitation policy
By submitting candidates without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation