At Jacobs, we don’t settle – we are always looking beyond to raise the bar and deliver with excellence. We apply our expertise and knowledge as we look into the future with great optimism and focus. We don’t settle until we give our best and know that we’re making a difference.
The Business Manager will thrive balancing the demands of product growth, implementing department structure, and expanding the Life Sciences: Managed Site Services Group to a national level. The Business Manager is focused on customer acquisition, retention, and upsell by leveraging highly personalized site services combined with globally renowned engineering, architectural design, procurement, construction management and CQV.
Define the growth plan - develop and implement strategies to achieve business growth and set business/financial targets. This will consist of quantifying Jacobs’ existing Life Sciences: Site Services portfolio, defining market potential nationally, and extrapolating the Proof of Concept to a national level. In addition, the Business Manager will provide their business & engineering background to further bolster the business plan for the Site Services group as a whole.
Business unit support - provide department manager(s) with business administrative knowledge and expertise. The Director of Strategic Growth’s education and experience will assist and compliment management’s continuous need for organized growth. Researching, developing, and presenting business plans to the entire Life Sciences team will be a continuous requirement. Departmental or group level leadership, direction, and motivation will be required on an ongoing basis.
Sales & Market Development - develop internal and external relationships with key stakeholders that support growth of our Life Sciences portfolio. Successfully lead project-specific positioning activities, teaming arrangements, win strategy development, proposal preparation, oral presentations, and contract negotiations consistent with established business development processes. Build and sustain a viable sales pipeline to deliver year-on-year growth and expansion of the Life Sciences business.
Relationship & Stakeholder Management - responsible for the on-going management of key stakeholder and client relationships. Build trust and value-driven relationships with critical partners and gatekeepers in the industry (major customers, engineers, procurement consultants). Act as site project manager.
Technical Product Knowledge & Credibility - able to present and discuss the general value proposition of outsourced facilities services credibly in the market and effectively communicate elements of Jacobs specific market differentiators. Must possess enough technical understanding in order to identify and develop meaningful opportunities for the business. As appropriate, leverage deeper technical resources within the company to support bidding and business development activity.
Reporting - develop and present upon past, present, and predictive trends within the department and in the marketplace. This will include the acquisition of market data, financial analysis, department performance, and growth forecasting.
Team & Organizational Development - this individual will lead pursuit-specific teams consisting of key subject-matter experts with the ability to call upon the company’s global resources to further augment the specific needs of an opportunity. As appropriate, this individual must efficiently guide the team throughout all phases of the procurement to develop a winning proposal within the allocated pursuit budget. Additionally, this individual will help develop recruiting plans for resources and identify new hires
Travel - The best way to deliver the value that Jacobs can bring to our potential clients across North America is to share our story. When the travel climate allows, you’ll spend a majority of your time directly interfacing with industry experts and clients, building their confidence in Jacobs’ Life Sciences delivery.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management and business required
• 10+ years of experience working with complex projects, managing resources, providing staff leadership, managing client expectations, determining staff assignments, and developing staff capabilities
• Previous experience in managing functional objectives, coordinating multiple deadlines while working effectively with staff at all levels.
• Complex Business Development & Growth Experience - experience growing a new business and promoting within new & existing marketplaces. This role will require the Business Manager to research, identify, cultivate, and execute with clients nationwide.
• Sales & Market Development Experience - Advanced experience in developing and building a robust sales pipeline and pursuing opportunities to successful closure. Must understand the sales cycle and key mechanisms involved in the public procurement market and possess the ability to build trusted relationships.
Ideally you’ll have:
• Master’s degree in engineering or construction management and business, preferred
• Previous successful experience providing staff leadership, communication, staff assignments, and developing staff capabilities.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing, and presentation skills. Able to communicate effectively with staff and clients at all levels of the organization and manage external customer and stakeholder relationships effectively.
• Passion about the opportunity to grow Jacobs’ business and contribute to market-leading innovation in the outsourcing industry. Possess the requisite discipline and personal accountability to lead pursuit teams to successful outcomes.
• Ability to ensure consistency of disciplined sales practices, and champion the use of enterprise tools and systems.
#LifeSciences, #Bio/Pharma, #EPCMV