About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
This position works collaboratively with the business and uses data analytics and technology to develop, deploy and maintaining BI tools and interfaces. The position will be responsible for designing and developing analytic applications with business users, including wireframes, reports and dashboards.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Design analytic applications with business users, including wireframe for initial functional requirements analysis.
- Design BI data models based on EDW data model.
- Proficient with SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP Lumira, SAP AO, Power BI, Microsoft Office
- Develop dashboards and dashboards components.
- Design testing and data verification plan with the business.
- Design and implement BI security model.
- Unit test dashboards and verify BI data.
- Complete dashboard deployment and system testing.
- Use innovative and modern tools, techniques and architectures to partially or completely automate the most-common, repeatable and tedious data preparation and integration tasks.
- Provides documentation and project tracking.
- Provides escalated user support.
- Coordinates and participates in regional and global project and operational efforts.
- Participates in new technology evaluations, identify alternative or new technologies and assist in defining new global and regional IT standards.
- Expert Knowledge of Microsoft Power BI
- Power BI Security model & Integration with Azure AD accounts / groups / B2B accounts.
- Experience with creating row-level security in Power BI.
- Development of Power BI Dashboards / Reports / Dataflows / Datasets / Pipelines.
- Perform DAX Queries and functions in Power BI.
- Expert knowledge of query tools and ad hoc reporting.
- Expertise in the development and maintenance of SAP Analysis for Office Queries using the Eclipse IDE.
- Experience with integrating SAP Analysis for Office queries with Power BI and SAP Analytics cloud.
- Knowledge of SAP Business Objects for hosting SAP Lumira reports, Web Intelligence reports and SAP analysis for office queries.
- Development of SAP Lumira reports & dashboards using SAP Lumira Designer
- Knowledge & understanding of SAP Web Intelligence reports
- Expertise creating data models, datasets, analytic applications & stories in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Knowledge of Predictive Analytics and Digital Boardroom on SAP Analytics Cloud.
- Performs technical troubleshooting, code debugging, and problem solving for custom built dashboards & reports.
- Basic Knowledge of scripting and programming languages like R and Python to integrate with BI tools.
- Assists in implementing effective business analytics practices that drive improved decision making, efficiency and performance.
- Communicate with non-technical business users to determine specific business requirements for reports and business intelligence solutions.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires advanced knowledge of professional field and industry.
- Influences the development of and drives the application of principles, theories, concepts.
- Determines best course of action.
- Work under minimal supervision.
- Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish assigned goals.
- May periodically assist in orienting, training, and/or reviewing the work of peers.
- Judgement is required in resolving complex problems based on experience.
- Interacts with internal and/or external clients and customers to negotiate and interpret information on projects and unit operations.
- May consult with senior management.
Expertise: Qualifications -Education/Experience/Training/Etc
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 10-12 years related experience required.
- Applicable industry/professional certification preferred.
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Occasional business travel required, Ability to work non-standard schedule as needed, On-call hours as needed
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Occasionally:Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull, Stand
- Occasionally:Climbing stairs/ladders, Push/pull, Reaching upward and downward, Standing, Walking
- Frequently:Finger feeling, Hearing - ordinary, fine distinction, loud (hearing protection required), Seeing - depth perception, color vision, field of vision/peripheral, Sitting , Talking - ordinary, loud/quick
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Intensity:Moderate
- Constantly:Office environment
What We OfferB. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com. Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled