Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation. We empower the world’s most innovative companies to deliver transformational products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software solutions, we help our customers solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. Whether you are a software developer, product engineer, sales team member, or part of our corporate team, at Ansys we know that by embracing what makes us each unique, we become collectively better.
The Business Intelligence Analyst improves business processes and visibility across the organization through data retrieval, analysis, and reporting. This role is responsible for working closely with the business to understand their workflows and utilizing that knowledge to build business intelligence solutions for insight and improvement. This role will provide business intelligence solutions to a variety of departments such as Product Creation, IT, and Finance. This role will work on a small business intelligence team, collaborating on BI goals/structure for the organization as well as working individually on BI solutions for stakeholders within the business.
This role is eligible to sit remotely across the US or Canada.
• Facilitate meetings with internal teams to learn about business processes
• Analyze business processes to define data and reporting requirements
• Identify and define workflows for gathering/analyzing data and structure data models for reporting solutions
• Build business intelligence solutions that provide insight into business processes and facilitate operational improvements
• Maintain BI solutions and provide support to end users within the company including leadership
• Troubleshoot issues related to data retrieval, validation, and refresh
• Create detailed reports and metrics to support business operations and governance
• Background in Computer Information Systems or related field of study
• Minimum of 1 year of experience
• General knowledge of information/data management
• Experience with Power BI
• Strong analytical skills: ability to conceptualize complex business processes
• General understanding of SQL and relational databases
• Experience leveraging APIs for data retrieval
• Knowledge of cloud platform reporting including Azure, AWS or GCP a plus.
ALIGNING YOUR VALUES TO OUR SOLUTIONS
At Ansys, our diverse, collaborative teams give us the strength and insight to solve the world’s most challenging engineering problems. Our ONE Ansys culture has at its core:
ENGINEERING YOUR CAREER AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary leaders across the globe. Collectively we strive to change the world with innovative technology and transformational solutions. With a prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high – met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. At Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished.” And it’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and do impact real people in real ways. All this is forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel. Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology, empowering our customers to turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a member of the NASDAQ-100. We are proud to have been recognized for the following awards: Bay Area Best Places to Work, a Pillar World Awards Gold Winner, Fast Company Best Places to Work for Innovators, a Gold Stevie Award for Great Employers, the FORTUNE Future 50, a DCA Silver Winner, an R&D100 Finalist, a 20% by 2020 Women on Boards winner, a 2020 Pittsburgh Tech 50 – finalist, and America’s Most Responsible Companies.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion and belonging where everyone thrives as ONE Ansys team.
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.