If you love high profile and challenging work supporting the US Government, Serco has a great opportunity for you! You will be on a critical team working with the customer at our Maryland location. Bring your business expertise and desire to learn new skills and make a difference with our government customer.
This position is contingent upon your ability to maintain/transfer a TS/SCI with Poly clearance.
This position is contingent upon customer requirements and/or their approval.
Serco supports the US Government customer on a long-term contract providing broad expertise in DoD acquisition management, DoD contracting, or DoD contract management. Our team provides business support and expertise to include tracking program status, monitoring cost, schedule, and contract performance. You will be part of a team that works closely with the customer to deliver business expertise with an emphasis on contracts, finance, and customer service. Our managers on this team are seasoned Serco personnel who are available and responsive to ensure your success!
In this role, you will:
- Assist with the validation/completion of Unliquidated Obligations (ULOs)
- Assist the Government Business Contract Management Offices with conducting End of the Year activities and the completion of the Actual data calls
- Enter requisitions in the NSA’s financial management system that include all necessary information and documentation (PSC#, PAR, SPAT, BER#, Acq Sec# etc.)
- In NSA’s financial management system, prepare non-complex Military Interdepartmental Purchase Requests (MIPR) and Economy Act Orders (EAO) and their associated requisitions.
- Process incoming MIPRs and EAOs using standard BM&A process to ensure Agency acceptance.
- Create and maintain spend plans in the Agency’s financial management system to document Government-specified requirements
- Modify requisitions and associated documentation to comply with Contracting’s guidance to assist in the obligation of funds.
- Assist Government Program Managers (GPMs) in tracking requirements through execution by tracking and monitoring requisitions through the approval and certification process and to the subsequent destination (either Contracting’s database or the receiving entity).
- Pull financial reports/data from Agency systems such as FACTS, CMIS, EDSS, and CDW.
- Utilize established NSA acquisition and financial management policies, procedures, regulations and tools.
- Assist the Government in monitoring of proper financial code usages
- Assist the Government in responding to internal and external financial data inquiries
- Assist in monitoring expenses against budgets.
- Assist the Government in coordination, entry, and finalization of basis of estimate data to include current year updates
- Provide financial status reports to Government Program and Business Management Offices, recommending specific funding sources, identifying funding shortfalls, and identifying excess obligated funding in comparison to burn rates.
- Prepare financial briefing materials for Government financial reviews
- Assist the GPMs by providing data for estimating activities.
- Assist in the creation of budget or financial planning for an organization, organizational unit, program, or expenditure/cost center to identify potential variances.
- Coordinate and schedule financial reviews
- Provide assistance in analyzing and developing improved policies, plans, methods, procedures, and systems of acquisition management.
- Assist the Government Business Contract Management Offices with responses to internal and external requests for information.
- Compile and report on programs and budgets; prepare presentations and other materials to support the NSA and DoD programming and budgeting processes, and basis of estimates.
- Prepare program/project and budget information for Government submission to the Office of the Director, National Intelligence (ODNI), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) and Congress.
- Prepare tasking requests, point papers, briefing charts, spreadsheets, memos, and other documents within prescribed timelines for Government review.
- Assist with the interpretation of requests for data and facts; acquire, analyze, and prepare presentations of program and budget data for use in program decision-making.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of funding profiles for programs, projects, or contracts.
- Assist Government with strategic business planning.
- Analyze financial data and transactions for appropriate use.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- An active TS/SCI clearance with polygraph.
- U.S. citizenship.
- Twelve (12) years of DoD, IC, or fourteen (14) years of DoD, IC and commercial experience in purchasing or finance.
- A Bachelor's degree with a business focus is required.
- In lieu of a degree, Program Management Professional (PMP) certification, Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM), or DAWIA Level 1 in Business/FinancialManagement, and three (3) years of directly related experience for a total of fifteen (15) years of DoD/IC purchasing/finance experience or seventeen (17) years of combined DoD, IC and commerical purchasing/financial experience may be substituted.
- In lieu of certification, an additional two (2) years of directly related experience for a total of seventeen (17) years of DoD/IC purchasing/finance experience or nineteen (19) years of combined DoD, IC and commercial purchasing/finance expperience may be substituted.
- Experience in the preparation of reports that reflect programs/project status in areas of cost, schedule, and performance is required.
- Experience in budget planning, budget preparation and busget execution for acquisition programs is required.
- Proficiency with Microsfot Excel to include creating formulas and pivot tables is required.
- Proficiency with PowerPoint to include importing Excel data into presentations.
Additional desired experience and skills:
- Customer financial management system and its interfaces (currently FACTS and CMIS) experience is preferred.
If you are interested in supporting and working with our Maryland government customer and joining a passionate Serco team, then submit your application now for immediate consideration. It only takes a few minutes and could change your career!
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has over 9,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
To review Serco benefits please visit: https://www.serco.com/na/careers/benefits-of-choosing-serco.
If you require an accommodation with the application process please email: [email protected] or call the HR Service Desk at 800-628-6458, option 1. Please note, due to EEOC/OFCCP compliance, Serco is unable to accept resumes by email.
Serco does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies without being a contracted approved vendor. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Serco and will not be obligated to pay a placement or contract fee. If you are interested in becoming an approved vendor at Serco, please email [email protected]
COVID-19 Regulations: Serco complies with all applicable COVID-19 requirements. This may require employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, provide attestations regarding vaccination status and/or COVID-19 testing, or satisfy other conditions of employment that Serco deems appropriate, and employees may be required to show proof of vaccination and/or negative COVID-19 test results as a condition of employment (except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation).