Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Role and responsibilities
- Provide insights to Operational Teams on Labor, Parts, and Supply Chain cost parameters to trend performance and to guide on operational improvement opportunities, both on request and on own initiative.
- Maintain ongoing engagement with CS VHV cost teams, Local/Central CSCM, and local finance teams in order to provide insights to both local and central operations on performance and improvement plans.
- Act as a Business Partner to Site Managers and Segment Leaders by building strong relationships, acting as a sparring partner, providing fact based information and decision data to support management decision making.
- Facilitate benchmarking across sites and regions on cost KPI, including driving for common definition and measurement of KPI across the region.
- Support weekly and monthly reporting and analysis needs to maintain adequate understanding of ongoing cost performance. Synthesize data to provide actionable insights.
- Develop and maintain supporting tools/processes to increase the efficiency of data gathering and analysis.
- Participation in and support of cost related improvement initiatives including ROI analysis for Kaizen projects.
Education and experience
- Position requires a BS degree in engineering, statistics, economics, business, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience working in a technical analyst capacity, or related business/technical experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, such as advanced Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience in Spotfire preferred.
- Experience developing metrics, graphs, and charts to present information in digestible formats for a broad audience.
- Experience in forecasting and reporting on KPIs.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and present to various levels of an organization.
- Advanced analytic and problem solving skills, pays attention to detail and produces work that meets high quality standards.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Must be comfortable working in ambiguity.
- Strong Communications skills-communicates clearly and convincingly.
- Excellent time management and delegation skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize actions effectively and efficiently.
- Self-starter that shows high drive, creativity, ambition and accountability.
The ideal candidate:
- Is curious-a strong desire to dig to understand the real root cause of problems (5x why RCA).
- Is never satisfied with ‘good enough’ but is able to deliver when ‘good enough’ is acceptable.
- Is obsessive about data quality.
- Understands the big picture but often lives in the details.
- Strong sense of ownership. Focus on understanding details and able to work under minimal supervision.
- Is a self-starter–we don’t expect you to know everything, but you need to be able to teach yourself anything.
- Is outspoken while maintaining good interpersonal skills.
- Does not mind occasionally doing repetitive data-entry/data-cleanup tasks in order to get a desired output.
- Is hyper organized and is energized from bringing clarity and control to ambiguous and chaotic situations.
- Can articulate simple accurate conclusions from large amounts of data.
- Is the type of person who is constantly looking for the best way to do things.
- Can focus when working in a distracting, open office environment.
- Takes pride in output that has their name on it.
- Can quickly build trust and establish rapport with all stakeholders and management levels.
- Can work under tight deadlines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.