GMS is the leading North American distributor of gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products and other specialty building materials. Founded in 1971, GMS now operates a network of more than 250 distribution centers nationwide. For more information about GMS, visit www.gms.com or any one of our subsidiary company websites.
Summary of Position:
The Tool Source Warehouse Business Development Specialist will interact with customers, vendors, management, sales, accounting, and warehouse personnel. In addition to managing existing customer relationships, the Business Development Specialist will also be responsible for implementing new products and vendor relationships, placing vendor purchase orders, and resolving purchase order disputes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Customer Account Management
- Establish and develop relationships with Regional Contacts
- Goal – get different regions communicating with each other and sharing best practices
- Get buy-in to make National buying decisions through TSW
- Pull in direct vendor business from our customers
- Search for Opportunities within Current Customer Base for TSW growth
- Manage corporate relationships
- Negotiate corporate programs
- Continue picking away at current vendor list for new rebate and co-op programs
- Work with vendors, customers, TSW Sales and Purchasing to ensure competitive pricing
- Work with Vendors for TSW Promotion Schedule
- New Product and Vendor Implementation
- Placing Vendor Purchase Orders as needed
- Resolution of Purchase Order Disputes
- Polite and persuasive communication skills and keep excellent relationships with all accounts.
- Effectively utilize all capabilities of our WEBUI system.
- Detail minded, organized, and strong problem-solving skills.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with all personnel.
- Strong Microsoft Excel knowledge
- High school diploma or GED required, 4 year degree preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Ability to self-manage, show initiative and be comfortable meeting the public
- Must be a team player, demonstrate attention to detail and have good organizational skills
- Must be able to remain in stationary position 70%
- Frequently, will move about inside the office
- Must be able to operate basic office machinery
- Must be able to communicate with team and management and be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Constantly working in office environment and occasionally warehouse environment
- Must be able to problem solve and prioritize tasks
- Must be able to manage stress depending on certain deadlines
- Must be able to multitask
- Must be able to receive and analyze sales information
- Must be able to quickly communicate solutions if problems occur
- Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of sound judgement
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- Paid holidays & vacation days
This job description is subject to change at any time.