Business Development Manager
PSI, an Intertek company, is searching for a Business Development Manager to join our Building & Construction team in our Phoenix, AZ office. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow a versatile management career in architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry!
Our Value Proposition
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, and more. In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we offer:
- Base pay with the opportunity to earn a sales incentive based on sales
- Remote position with flexible schedule
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Employee referral bonuses
The Business Development Manager is responsible for lead response (including RFP's) and direct sales activities within the Business Assurance service portfolio. You will be responsible for promoting and selling Intertek's end-to-end services to companies across multiple sectors (Food, Agriculture, Aerospace, Automotive, Green Services, Supplier Management, Risk Management, Learning, Cyber Security and Quality Management systems).
What you’ll do:
- Individual assigned targets to sell Intertek’s services within assigned vertical, account and territory through effective client research, prospecting and networking
- Spend approximately 25% of outside sales interface with new and existing identified target clients
- Meet with current and prospective customers via client presentations and participation at trade shows
- Participate in creating and setting sales goals and creating the sales execution plan to achieve goals for each of your reporting areas
- All goals to be aligned and communicated to Operating Unit Manager in region.
- Evaluate metrics using Intertek CRM and Sales Dashboards provided to monitor the performance in region to exceed all Quote and Order targets that are set for each territory
- Regularly meet with Operational Regional Leadership to determine needs of the business and course correct if necessary
- Monitor and mentor Sales Reps regarding day to day sales activity and create accountability as it applies to outside sales efforts with customer visits
- Support recording of ALL customer interactions from the outside field work salespeople conduct
- Work with Senior Sales Leadership and Corporate Marketing to plan for regional tradeshows, regional marketing efforts, association participation and sponsored company seminars
- Monitor Regional “Sales Costs” as it applies to salaries, bonuses, and Travel & Entertainment expenses
- Inform Senior Sales Leadership of any discrepancies or issues with the sales team behavior, goals set, and results
- Meet all activity targets and log activity in to iConnect (CRM), as required
- Prepare sales reports and forecasts, as required
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field is preferred
- A minimum of 10 years' prior successful Construction related sales experience is required
- A minimum of 5 years “Business to Business” Sales Management experience is preferred, with experience in Metrics bases sales management
- Is familiar with Sales CRM usage, setting Sales Quotas and managing to quotas set.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Superior interpersonal and customer service skills
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills, and superior presentation skills
- Must be energized and self-motivated and have the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Has the ability to travel a minimum of 60% of the calendar month
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable driving record (required)
- Physical dexterity/mobility to travel via car, airplane and to perform all clerical functions inherit to the position
Why work at Intertek?
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about Our History and What We Do.
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our COVID-19 Policy.
What we have to offer:
When Working with Intertek, you can expect salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that Our People are our strongest tool for success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email [email protected] or call 1-877-694-8543 (option #5) to speak with a member of the HR Department.