View more related jobs
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND/OR EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or related field
- 10+ years of architectural or project management sales, marketing, and/or key account management experience gained within commercial construction, architecture, or other ancillary and adjacent businesses
- Ability to become a visible member of industry associations, trade organizations, and other business groups
- Understands the construction industry and the dynamics involved in supporting this business through multiple subcontractors. Capable of establishing systems and reporting formats to accurately assess projects and identify when new approaches are necessary.
- Excellent leadership and organization skills. Leads by example and is actively with larger accounts,
- Demonstrated problem solver who proactively addresses daily challenges
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Seeks out and identifies potential clients in the multifamily, light industrial / warehousing, commercial, institutional, private education and hotel markets. Continuously gather and evaluate marketplace and competitive company intelligence to keep market and sales plan current and effective.
- Maintains an active profile in local circle of influencers and direct users, keeping abreast of trends, and taking part in an associations that will benefit the sales objectives of High Construction Company.
- Coordinates sales activities with Greenfield Architects, Ltd. providing leads for potential architectural opportunities for their follow up.
- Makes sales calls into key accounts and be visible to customers, suppliers, construction partners, and sales staff. Becomes personally involved in developing and maintaining top-level contacts within existing markets, as well as potential major customer organizations including general contractors, architectural firms, and large commercial property owners.
- Responds quickly to customers and develops corrective action programs. Ensures that project questions and customer requests for assistance are handled efficiently.
- Builds effective lines of communication throughout the Company to foster a sense of teamwork, enthusiasm, pride and quality. Reinforce the Company’s commitment to excellence and continuous improvement. Provides superior responsiveness, both internally and to external customers.
- Understands construction project finances and makes intelligent recommendations impacting profitability/pricing, service, project management and the application of technology.
- Uses a participative, team oriented style to Interface effectively with all functions of the business as well as customers to develop, communicate, and implement tactical/strategic initiatives to achieve company objectives.
- Makes presentations and represents the company to industry trade group associations and provides training to field personnel.